“Coastways Cafe”

Coastways Cafe
Ranked #12 of 25 Restaurants in Howden
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set just north east of the historic town of Howden Coastways Cafe is a family run and owned business that has been around for many years serving breakfasts to anyone making there way down the A614 towards the coast. We are currently open 7 days a week from 08:30 - 14:00 February - November 2016
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Coastways Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

me and my partner always go in to the Coastways Cafe in howden, usually on our way to the east coast to either Scarborough or bridlington. I go not just for the lovely teas and meals but also as a mark of respect to my dear old mum who passed away in Dec 2008. The Coastways Cafe has not changed in all of the times i have been and it still provides quality food at a good price, and in lovely clean surroundings. I always say "god bless you mum, and miss you mum" when i leave and i will always keep going to the Coastways Cafe and it keeps me in contact with my mum! Thank you Coastways Cafe!

• Visited July 2013

“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great small cafe at Howden , no coaches , tables outside in a small park area as well as tables inside. Good food and amenities scrupulously clean . A lovely stop for lunch on our travels from Australia.

Visited July 2013
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Roadside Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Situated just off the M62 (Junction 37) in the village of Howden, East Yorkshire on the A614. My partner and I were travelling to catch the Hull-Rotterdam ferry and needed a quick lunch - we found this cafe by accident, but what a wonderful accident.
Clean, welcoming with very friendly staff providing excellent cafe food for good value - much better that any fast food joint. Service was quick and value for money excellent. We enjoyed our experience so much then on our return from Holland decided NOT to eat on the ferry but wait until later in the morning just to stop here. The family staff even remembered us after 10 days! I am only sad that they are not near our home in Warrington - due to opur travel plans we will only pass this place twice in a year but it will certainly become an annual pilgrimage as long as the current family owners are there.

• Visited July 2013
“Very friendly service with good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I called in for a mid morning drink and snack. Cafe is very clean and the greeting was very friendly and quick. My bacon and egg sarnie really hit the spot Thanks very much.

Visited June 2013
Nottinghamshire
“not a bacon and egg cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am writing another review in response to kilobeer review. I am nothing to do with any member of staff at Coastways Cafe friends or family I object to lilobeer stating this is the case.
I have been in today on my way back from Bridlington and had a great meals and as I am aware the staff will try to provide you with a good honest meal at reasonable costs. It is far from a "bacon and egg cafe" Maybe kilobeer is a rival in Howdon?
But please do not say I am being told what to say because I am a friend or relative. I am just a caravan-er looking for a decent meal and this cafe and staff provides it.

Well done to all at Coastways,thank you.

• Visited June 2013