“Birthday”
Review of The Kings Head

The Kings Head
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Howden
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Description: The Kings Head is a very old traditional village pub, full of character, dating back to the 1800's. We are a family-run establishment, suplying great food, homemade and locally sourced, served by friendly staff in a pleasent and comfortable enviroment.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We hadnt been to the Kings Head for a while so decided to take our daughter there for her birthday.

Sunday lunch, carvery. We had drinks before being shown to our table, as it was St Paricks day I had a pint of Guiness, it was first class better than some I have tasted in Ireland. The only down point to the day was we were told our table number then just left, not knowing if we were to wait for the waitress or go into another room and help ourselves to the carvery. After about 10 minutes my wife caught the eye of the waitress who told us to go into the other room to the carvery.

That was the only down point as the carvery was excellent, all freshly cooked and top quality.

The staff were very friendly and there was a very good athmosphere. We will be going back very soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I took our two children aged 5 and 7 for lunch today and had a fab carvery lunch. If husband is away, it is like being at home. Great food, great service and the children could play out the back whilst I chilled with a coffee. Fab homemade cola cube icecream. Looking forward to Mothers Day next weekend.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

East Yorkshire has a bit of catching up to do compared to north and West Yorkshire restaurant and pub scene. But things appear to be gradually improving. I ate here For the first time with my family last night And couldn't fault the place. The food made best use of local producers All home-made even the Bread And the menu was imaginative such as beef and prune pie, Ribeye steak with a whiskey sauce etc. Portions were also generous. Also we were looked after in terms of service. This has a lovely country pub feel as opposed to a restaurant and is obviously used by the locals as It even has a mini shop area for essentials such as toothpaste and bread as Bamby on the marsh is some way out off the way. Definitely be back. Well done

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have eaten here as a couple but more recently as a carer accompanying a group of elderly people who have dementia. I was so pleased with the service. The staff treated the old people with the utmost respect and the tables were arranged to suit those in wheelchairs. The food was excellent too

As an individual diner I have always been really pleased with the quality of the food, the menu selection and the staff service. An excellent country pub restaurant and in the better weather there are fabulous walks along the river a stones throw away...so take the dog and have a lovely day out!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I don't have a bad word to say about The King's Head. The food, service, atmosphere and prices are all excellent. We didn't have room for dessert (not even to share!) which is a shame as they had a wonderful list of home-made ice creams on their specials board - but rest assured that there will be something on the menu or specials board for anyone, whoever you go with. It's so nice to still find places where service with a smile (and at very affordable prices) is still on the menu! If only they would consider opening a second one down in London...