“New owners at last!!”

Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Howden
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed October 20, 2012

After enduring the worst service I've ever had the misfortune of receiving, its finally been taking over by a really nice young couple. Foods improved as well!!!! Definately recommend now

2  Thank howdenliving

Reviewed August 17, 2012

All we can say is 'Harry Ramsden' watch out...this was tradititional fish and chips with attitude, so don't delay see what real yorkshire fish and chips taste like.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

By far the most surly, bad-mannered and downright unpleasant staff I have ever encountered. I speak English, but every time I've been there I have to repeat my order between 4-6 times for the benefit of the people who work there. The food is 'prepared to order' which means that they never have anything hot and ready to go which means that you have to wait usually between 10-15 minutes to get it. When you do get your food it tastes of nothing. Absolute wank. Don't bother complaining because it gets you nothing but evil eyes and a 'sod off' attitude.
AWFUL

2  Thank noffty
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My neighbour who also happens to be my best mate try to visit this chippy at least once a month because it is that good! We have been visiting for the last 3 or 4 years. We always sit down in the restaurant and have the set meal (fish and chips with bread and butter and a pot of tea). Every time we rate our meal out of 10. So many times we have rated it 8 or 9 out of 10 and once or twice (at least!) 10 out of 10. It is the only chippy we visit ... it really is that good :-)

Reviewed February 29, 2012

We called into this Fish & Chip shop this week. We were served by a smashing young couple who informed us they had just taken ownership. Our fish and chips were excellent and I would recommend this chippy.