“Outstanding.”

Hallmark Hotel Hull
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Ferriby
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Friday 14th February with my partner for the valentines package getaway. I'd heard nothing but good reviews so I thought I'd test the water myself!

The service was second to none and the food.. where do I start. The best three course meal I'd had in years. My partner agreed and said if he wasn't so full he could've eaten the surf n' turf three times over!

Not having a set menu was the best thing the hotel could have done. They offered us a valentine's day special menu and even said we could pick and mix from that and the main menu - which we did! Well done to the chefs and a big thank you to all the staff for their hospitality.

The only thing I was somewhat disappointed with was the lack of duvet in the room but by no means was it cold. Personal choice - I much prefer fluffy bed covers!

We won't hesitate in coming back and can't wait to test some more food from the menu. 10/10. Thank you!

1  Thank katielajla
Serena W, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

I am delighted to receive your review following your recent visit to the Hallmark Hotel - to celebrate your very special Valentines Evening.

As a Team we work hard to create something a little different; and delighted that you enjoyed our flexible Valentines Menu options on the evening; and will certainly forward your generous feedback to the Chefs and Brasserie Team.

On behalf of the Team at Hallmark Hotel; we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed here for business and was pleasantly surprised. Drove through horrible stormy weather to get here (not the fault of the hotel!) and was pleased to find a nice, warm and welcoming hotel. The room was very nice but the bed was exceptional.
The food choice was very good for evening meal, breakfast was fairly basic and not an extensive choice but good enough.
Would stay here again but not for leisure.

Room Tip: Eat early and have an early night in the lovely bed!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BigGMk

Thank you for your kind review and for "Discovering" the Hallmark Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hallmark Hotel; and found the Hotel to be warm and welcoming. This is particularly important to our Hotel Team; as we like to ensure that our guests enjoy a personable and relaxing experience.

I am further delighted that you found our "Beds" to be exceptional; and hope that you will return to enjoy in the future.

Our Dining Menus have recently changed; it is great to hear that you enjoyed the varied choice offered.

On behalf of the Hallmark Team; we look forward to welcoming you back to Hallmark Hull in the near future.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had a good stay here. Comfortable room, pretty clean etc. This is a good base...I wouldn't book for a romantic/luxury break but good as a base for visiting.

We got a discount and so for what we paid had a great room.

Best points: rooms are spacious, staff are friendly & helpful, convenient location. Good views of humber bridge etc.

Points that I feel could be improved: for a 4 star and a suite, I would've expected a decent power shower. I would've also expected better bedding. This consisted of 1 cotton sheet, a thin brown blanket.....there was a thicker throw too but I guessed this wasn't washed so did't want to use....never stayed anywhere in the UK that doesn't have some kind of duvet/thicker covers on bed....I woke up cold in the night...only thing I found a bit weird about the whole stay.

However, we would recommend and probably use this hotel again for the fact that the suites are a good size and overall good accommodation.

Room Tip: Definitely opt for a suite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank OnionsDeeks
Serena W, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for your kin review; and delighted that you have found the Hallmark Hotel an ideal base.

It is great to learn that you found the Team friendly and helpful; and that you found our guest bedrooms spacious and clean. All our our guest rooms come equipped with extra blankets; which are located in the Wardrobe.

I am delighted to hear that you would recommend the Hotel; and also that the Team may look forward to welcoming you back to the Hallmark Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Outstanding food, service & ambiance just needs a decent marketing manager to publicise this fact... With food of this standard it should've been queuing out if the door. As it was , only four tables were sat at..
The Sunday lunch was everything we could've asked for and more. Can't wait to return.

1  Thank missymlincolnshire

I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent Sunday Lunch at the Hallmark Hotel. I hope that you enjoyed the spectacular views of the Humber Bridge whilst dining!

The Brasserie is starting to gain a greater popularity for our non residents; with Valentines being very busy already for this Weekend!

The Team look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I visited the Hallmark North Ferriby last weekend for a Spa Break0, we chose the Holistic Package which consisted of overnight stay, 55 minute massage, use of facilities, 3 course evening meal and buffet style breakfast.
We had our treatments booked simultaneously at 12 noon, we arrived in time for our treatments and were offered early check-in so we could go straight to our room which was excellent.
The room was very nicely decorated and clean.
The relaxation suite was very nice and comfortable and we both enjoyed our massages. My therapist Nicole was excellent can't rate her highly enough.
The sauna and gym are obviously new and well kept.
The 3 course evening meal and breakfast were excellent, plenty of choice and nice staff. Overall very good value at £90. We worked out from price lists that the meals and treatment added up to around £90 individually so you basically get the overnight stay for free with this deal.
On balance a few thing could've been improved (but this is me being picky). The bar was busy during the day due to wedding party guests arriving. They needed more staff on, the Afternoon Tea we ordered did not consist of the vegetarian sandwiches we asked for but this was rectified immediately by the staff.
We had to be moved in the middle of the night due to the noise coming from a vent on the roof in the wind, we were moved immediately by a very helpful gentleman again with no fuss. We heard of someone being moved from their room due to the draft from a window also, maintenance of the building features in a few of the other reviews too which is a shame because the hotel is nicely decorated and has excellent views.
I agree the experience would be improved with a Jacuzzi / pool but for the money this is great value and I would recommend staying here.

1  Thank Helen W

Thank you for your kind review; I am delighted that you have recently "Discovered" the Hallmark Hotel; and that you have enjoyed a recent "Pamper" Break.

It's great to hear that you were able to gain early access to your room (this is something we do try to accommodate; however always subject to availability).

I am delighted to hear that you enjoy your Pamper Treatments; and will certainly credit Nicole with your feedback. Our facilities are New; and I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of the Relaxation Suite, Gym and Sauna.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by the weather conditions during your stay; our Maintenance Manager has reviewed the guest rooms following your stay.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed our spectacular views; it is one of the key reasons why our guests choose the hotel for the unique Humber Estuary views.

The Team look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I purchased a Wowcher Champagne afternoon tea for myself & 2 friends costing £32 apparently up to 51% saving on the normal price. We were given a table with a lovely view of the river but there was a howling gale coming through the glazed door due to a large gap in the door frame, so bad it was blowing the napkins off the table. We would have asked to move but the whole area was cold.The service was excellent but the food very poor & bore no resemblance to the image shown on the Wowcher site. There was a small quantity of minute sandwiches,the scones were miniature with one small container of cream to share between 3 people, not sufficient even with the small scones, no cupcakes as shown on the advert. It was not worth £32 & if they charged the price stated it would be day light robbery. Do not purchase this voucher. Only redeeming fact was the pleasant & efficient staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank fatcatdotcom

Thank you for your valuable feedback following your recent visit to the Hallmark Hotel. Your feedback will be shared with our Head Chef.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not fully enjoy your recent experience at the Hallmark Hotel. Our Afternoon Teas are extremely popular; whether being enjoyed in the lounge or as part of our Pamper Days; so it is disappointing to hear that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I am pleased that you found our Team pleasant and efficient.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Positives : Breakfast was very good, selection of fruits, cereal & yoghurt .Cooked full English breakfast, very nice.The evening meal we chose was very nice and tasty. The staff were friendly.
The Relaxation room was just that.The room was very clean and warm .
The disappointment was realising the Sauna was 1 cabin !,there was no Spa and no swimming pool ( I did ask a member of the staff if " only the larger Hallmark Hotels had a swimming Pool ?"
to this I was told the Manchester one had a swimming pool.The greater amount of guests staying were attending a wedding evening reception if that had not been held during the time of our stay there would have been very few guests.The location was a taxi ride or car ride to any other venue.
This is the 1st time of using a `coupon Break` but next time will be checking Google Earth .

Room Tip: Research Location on Google Earth.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne H
Serena W, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for your feedback; and for Discovering the Hallmark Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed dining in our Brasserie for Breakfast & Dinner; and hope you enjoyed the fabulous views of the Humber Estuary. I am pleased to hear that you found our Team friendly.

We are located a mere 5 minute drive into the City Centre of Hull; with immediate access to the A63 - which I hope you found beneficial whilst visiting the area.

On behalf of the Hallmark Team; we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ferriby
#3 of 20 in Kingston-upon-Hull
The Royal Hotel Hull
The Royal Hotel Hull
#9 of 20 in Kingston-upon-Hull

Been to Hallmark Hotel Hull? Share your experiences!