“Not Bad”

Hallmark Hotel Hull
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Ferriby
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed here for two nights a week ago with my husband, hotel is nice and the staff friendly, the room was clean and spacious and the bed very comfortable, but although it is January and the radiators were turned off the room was very warm and slightly uncomfortable and although we opened the windows which helped, we then found numerous ladybirds in the room!!
Food was good and the atmosphere in the bar was relaxing.
As the rooms do not have air con I would be reluctant to stay here in warmer months, even though we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Serena W, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you found the Hallmark Hotel nice, rooms spacious and our Staff Friendly. An investigation of the Ladybirds has taken place.

It s great to hear that you liked our food offering; and enjoyed the relaxed ambience in the Bar/Lounge area. This is something which are guests particular enjoy.

The Hallmark Team look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

Serena

Write a ReviewReviews (1,267)

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed here on business, and although on the surface the hotel looks Ok ... Nice decor, friendly staff on reception etc, there were a few minus points. I had to be moved from the first room because the radiator wasn't working and the window wouldn't close ... On a cold day in January, the offer of a heater was refused and they found me another room!

The free wifi is advertised as being available throughout the hotel - it did not work in my room (225) despite the receptionist resetting it I was hoping to get some work done, but unless I went into the public bar area, this was impossible.

Dinner was not a good experience either, It was cold in the restaurant and service was slow. My starter was nice (soup) .. But main course (chicken carbonara) was inedible .. The chicken was rubbery and the sauce bland. I sent it back and they removed the cost from my bill, but I was cold and fed up by this time so didn't order an alternative.

On the plus side - the room was comfortable (once I was moved into a warm room with heating!) and the decor and cleanliness was excellent. The reception staff were very good and apologetic regarding the lack of wifi signal. Breakfast was nice.

I might try this hotel again, if I could guarantee a warm room with a wifi signal.

Room Tip: Check the wifi signal if you want to work. Also ensure the heating is on and the windows are not fa...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your valuable feedback following your stay; I am disappointed to hear that you didn't receive the true experience of the Hallmark Hotel. I shall certainly speak to the Housekeeping Team and our Maintenance Team; to ensure that all of the Bedroom Radiators are checked and Windows are closed for guest arrival during these Winter months.

In respect of your dining experience; I am pleased to hear that your concern was addressed on the evening; however will ensure that our Head Chef is aware. I have had the Wifi checked by a technician this week; who has found no current fault; and can only apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay.

I am delighted to hear that you found our guest rooms comfortable and our Reception Team.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly when you next frequent the area; and I shall look forward to personally welcoming you to the Hallmark Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Serena

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed here for one night as a base to see family, the bed is comfy and nice clean quiet rooms. After a day with the family we came back to the hotel and just chilled out with bit of t.v and few drinks. The shower is not very powerful if you have a lot of hair to wash like me but does the job eventually. Breakfast was ok I did get a good coffee and the cooked breakfast was nice the let down was the watered down fruit juice and dry pastries, I think the breakfast is a little over priced.
The hotel did the job for what we needed I would stay again for a one night stay over but wouldn't be our cup for tea for a proper break.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
SerenaWalters, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable guest rooms. I am sorry to hear that you were slightly disappointed with our Breakfast; I will certainly discuss your valuable feedback with our Head Chef. I am pleased to hear that you would visit the hotel again; my Team and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the Hallmark Hotel in future.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

When I looked it didn't say it had a gym and sauna which are recent editions. So I walked a couple of miles to the Sandpiper pub then back to the Duke of Cumberland about five miles all told. Room was very comfortable there was free wi fi breakfast was very good and there were good views of the bridge. Really handy for the M62,

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you found our guest rooms comfortable; enjoyed the unlimited complimentary Wifi and our Buffet Breakfast. Our Leisure Facilities are a fantastic new edition; which are offered complimentary to our guests; and hope you will be able to take further advantage on a future stay. I am pleased that our location was well suited for you; like yourself, many of our guests do choose us based on our location and accessibility.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our extended family spent New Years Eve at the Hallmark, a one night 'party break'. The whole experience was excellant, food, hotel and excellent service from a smiley helpful workforce who never slipped up even when under extreme pressure with the 'revellers'.
Will agree with a previous reviewer about the disco being too loud to allow conversation but great music choice a bit to suit all and really not too sure about the singer!
Do not be put off by the hotel's exterior, the rooms exceeded all the families expectations.
Well done the Hallmark and happy New Year to all the staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
PaulNixon, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for your review and fantastic to hear that you and your family enjoyed your New Year Party break at our Hotel, always great to receive positive feedback and I will share praise with the team; hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We have previously stayed at this hotel and our experiences have always been fantastic , so it was a bit of a no brainer for us and a few friends to book the New Years package and I'm so glad we did , everything from check in , evening meal (we ate in the restaurant ) drink , hotel room , breakfast and check out was very good , I would not hesitate in going back next year and we will be booking it as soon as we have confirmed our numbers .. Thank you team hallmark

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our New Year’s celebrations and another favourable stay in our fantastic hotel; we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Went to this hotel last year to bring in the new year and had a lovely time and the food was nice too. But OMG, what a let down this year! I don't know what happened at all whether different chef or/and management had taken over. The choice (well sauce with beef in and gammon with stodgy rice yakkkk) and unacceptable quality of warm food was to say the least. At the price of £180 per couple for bed and breakfast and the "evening buffet" we as a large party will definitely not return to this establishment. Just to put the icing on the cake our party and two other parties were cordoned off in a separate room away from the disco and dancefloor, whereas last year everybody was together joining in the atmosphere and new year celebrations. Yes we did complain and are awaiting the outcome........ and NO we will not recommend this hotel for new year ever again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Margaret S
PaulNixon, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for your review, I am extremely disappointed you did not enjoy your New Year celebration this year, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you and your party experienced and would like to invite you back as a party for a more favourable visit in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ferriby
Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club
Doubletree by Hilton Hull
Doubletree by Hilton Hull
#11 of 20 in Kingston-upon-Hull

Been to Hallmark Hotel Hull? Share your experiences!