“fab food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Ferriby
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“fab food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was the second time we have stayed here and it certainly did"nt disappoint.The room had a great bridge view and was spotless.We stayed for two nights and on our first night we dined with a group of friends, the service was impeccable and the food superb, all of our party had nothing but praise and the ones who lived more local said they would return. A spa and gym is opening soon and I"m sure this will be an asset .We will certainly return when we are in the area.

Room Tip: ask for a bridge view if available, the rooms on the other side of the hotel are a little dark.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PaulNixon, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your review, great to read you returned for another favourable visit and enjoyed your stay; hopefully we will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

stayed overnight at this hotel everything was brilliant, room fantastic, food lovely, staff really friendly, lovely views of the humber bridge, i'd highly recommend a stay here.we stayed as we were at a wedding there it was what dreams are amde of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PaulNixon, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am pleased to read you had a great time and a truly memorable visit, hopefully we will see you again soon.
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and although it was very clean, staff friendly and food fairly good at breakfast the facilities for disabled visitors especially wheelchair users leaves a lot to be desired.
We were attending a wedding reception and to get to the function room I had to go out into the car park, around the building, down a slope that would defy most wheelchair athletes and in through a fire door, once in there was plenty of room and a very handy disabled toilet. Unfortunately as this was the nearest toilet to the function and it was being used by everyone, the floor in the toilet was covered in what I hope was water as my wheels were very wet when I came out.
At the end of the evening I had to get up the slope in the car park and round to the front doors. Luckily it wasn`t raining.
In the morning the breakfast area was up a flight of stairs with no means of getting a wheelchair up there, (a small wheelchair lift would really help). I was offered a table in the bar to have my breakfast away from the rest of my party.
Hardly satisfactory in a hotel that has just seen a major refit.

Room Tip: There are only 2 accessible rooms so make sure you book as early as you can
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, I am disappointed that your recent visit was spoilt by your views on our accessible facilities, the hotel was built back in the 1970’s and admittedly we have allot of stairs with in the building and unfortunately it has not been feasible to install accessible ramps in some key areas. I would like to mention that we do have dedicated accessible entrances to both to our hotel and function room, accessible toilets in both areas and dedicated accessible hotel bedrooms which have all been part of our recent refurbishment. On a positive note I am happy to here you enjoyed the event you were attending and found the hotel to be very clean and the staff friendly. Please be assured we take on board all feedback and will endeavour to ensure all future guests have a more favourable experience.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The sensational food and decadent setting were complimented only too well by the marvellous service. Myself and my family were waited on as if we were royalty by the lovely Molly and Olivia, it is rare to find staff that are a true credit to the establishment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your fabulous review, we are all extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay and our dedicated service, I will pass on your praise to both Molly and Olivia and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Stay on average a day a week - great friendly staff - good value - still a bit 'fusty' but that's a throwback to the buildings heritage - speed up check out though its painfully slow. Where is the new gym?

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Guy C
PaulNixon, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Hull, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am pleased to read you enjoy staying with us on a regular basis, I will feedback to our Reception Manager and discuss ways in which we can improve check out and on your last comment our new Lifestyle and Fitness suite will be open late May 2013.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I attended a wedding reception at this hotel, staying overnight. The venue for the reception was great. The food and service were excellent. The staff very friendly. The rooms were spacious, very clean and modern. The breakfast was also very good and appertising.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a room at the back of the hotel as it is situated close to the A63.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carol T
Thank you for your review, I am pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay and Wedding reception, we are very proud of our unique venue and value your positive feedback.
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is my second stay now at this hotel. Chosen first time based on location and having sampled the Carlisle hotel of this chain.

Upon arrival greeted warmly and very friendly with a smile from Sarah on the reception, very informative about the hotel and its facilities. Made me feel really welcome. I am glad to say that 6 weeks after my initial stay I arrived this evening and Sarah remembered me and was just as polite and sincere as last time, again looked after with a smile, a credit to the hotel.

The rooms are spacious compared to a lot of hotels, boutique style decor, very clean and ample sized flat screen TV complete with Sky Sports and free WiFi make this hotel value for money.

I chose to eat in the restaraunt and on both occasions I was looked after by a young lady called Grace, prompt and professional and very polite and friendly.

All this has made my two stays a pleasant experience and certainly a hotel I will continue to use when I visit the Humberside area whilst on business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank fil07
Thank you for your review, good to hear you returned for another favourable stay and I am sure we will continue to welcome you back for many more visits.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ferriby
The Royal Hotel Hull
The Royal Hotel Hull
#7 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,158 reviews

Been to Hallmark Hotel Hull? Share your experiences!