“First Class Bed and Breakfast in Scotland”

Byreburnfoot Country House Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canonbie
Byreburnfoot Country House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Canonbie B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“First Class Bed and Breakfast in Scotland”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Returning to the Byreburnfoot House for the second time we found the establishment had lost none of the charm and quality which prompted us to return during a fishing trip on the river Esk. The attention to detail in the bedrooms, the stunning location and the superb food prepared with style and flair by our host reinforced our view that it would be hard to better.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Me and my family invaded the entire Byreburnfoot site for my wedding last weekend, the groom stayed in the B&B with the best man and groomsman, and myself (the bride!) stayed with my parents and bridesmaid over in the self catering cottage at the other end of the site.

The surroundings are breathtaking, and the location was surprisingly easy to find, just between Gretna and the borders.

When we arrived Bill and Lorraine could not have been better hosts- it was like a home from home and my family and I felt very welcome, they even left us a little present from their hens that they keep on their farm (delicious!).

All the facilities in the B&B and self catering apartments are fitting to the surroundings, clean and well kept. The large bathroom in the self catering apartment was not only beautiful, but very handy with so many bridesmaids to get ready!

The groom and best man reported that the breakfast at the B&B was superb, and that Bill's homemade bread and locally sourced produce was amazing and couldn't have set them up better for the wedding day (or help them recover the morning after!!!)

I will definitely be coming back to visit Bill and Lorraine again!

Room Tip: The self catering cottages are really lovely if you are staying for longer than a weekend!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank HaggisPorkChop
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed here in February and Bill and Lorraine treated us superbly again, Bill's cooking and home made bread are as delicious as ever and the welcome was warmer than the living room fire.

I cant wait to return and I'm already booked in for later in the year, whether you are with friends, traveling alone or as a couple this is a superb place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My partner and I stayed at this delightful guest house. We were looking for a couple of relaxing days away and got just that. We were greeted by Lorraine and Bill with a lovely tray of tea and home baking. During our stay, we were made to feel more than welcome and were treated like one of the family. We also dined one night and found the standard of cooking to be fabulous. Bill can certainly cook a mean sticky toffee pudding! We will both definitely be recommending this place and will be back to visit again soon!

• Stayed August 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Very friendly & outgoing hosts in a gorgeous setting beside the Esk River. We were given a cuppa on arrival & a tour of the extended property including a viewing of the progress of the new self-catering facilities in the old stables (stylish). Very comfortable b&b appointments with views over the lawns & gardens. Some pleasant walks in the area. Our hosts provided our delicious 3 course dinner that night (from a limited choice a la carte menu), the highlight of which was the local trout caught, cooked & presented by them, as part of a beautiful meal (extra cost). Breakfast also was splendid. A great finale to our 2 weeks in Scotland indeed.

Room Tip: The new self catering suites in the converted stables would be excellent for families & fisherme...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed here for the fishing on the adjacent Border Esk but really it is also suited to those wishing to stop somewhere quiet and comfortable on their journey north. The welcome was warm and relaxed. My room was a beautifully bright and peaceful en suite with every wish catered for. The towels are huge and thick, the room had flat screen TV and wifi. The huge plate shower head was especially welcome! The real treat here though is the cooking. Breakfast was served when I asked for it at nearly 10am when I had returned from the river. I opted for the Scottish breakfast but there was a real choice. Everything is cooked fresh. The eggs are from the chickens outside, the sausages sourced locally and the choice of supeerb homemade jams and lemon curd are rightly prizewinning! Although advertised as a B & B, Bill is a gifted cook and will lay on dinner to an exceptional standard. I have stayed at other establishments locally for 15 years and wish I had happened upon this place sooner. It is a few quid more than its rivals but I believe it was very well worth it. There are some cottages available to rent which are brand new and finished to a very high spec - one was being finished whilst I was staying. If you are fishing you can apparently walk from the house onto the Hollows beat, but I was fishing lower down. I cannot recommend this place too highly - it deserves to be well supported.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank bonchurch58
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed for a single night en route to the west of Scotland from London. Everything about our stay was 5*. Despite being within easy reach of the M74, the house and its location was in a different world and we would certainly stay again.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Byreburnfoot Country House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!