Byreburnfoot Country House Bed & Breakfast
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsone nightoverlooking the riverfirst classb blocal areashort breakon arrivaltrout fishingexcellent breakfastsalmonen routetea and cakelittle gemcakessecond to nonelorraineesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed here for the fishing on the adjacent Border Esk but really it is also suited to those wishing to stop somewhere quiet and comfortable on their journey north. The welcome was warm and relaxed. My room was a beautifully bright and peaceful en suite with every wish catered for. The towels are huge and thick, the room had flat screen TV and wifi. The huge plate shower head was especially welcome! The real treat here though is the cooking. Breakfast was served when I asked for it at nearly 10am when I had returned from the river. I opted for the Scottish breakfast but there was a real choice. Everything is cooked fresh. The eggs are from the chickens outside, the sausages sourced locally and the choice of supeerb homemade jams and lemon curd are rightly prizewinning! Although advertised as a B & B, Bill is a gifted cook and will lay on dinner to an exceptional standard. I have stayed at other establishments locally for 15 years and wish I had happened upon this place sooner. It is a few quid more than its rivals but I believe it was very well worth it. There are some cottages available to rent which are brand new and finished to a very high spec - one was being finished whilst I was staying. If you are fishing you can apparently walk from the house onto the Hollows beat, but I was fishing lower down. I cannot recommend this place too highly - it deserves to be well supported.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank bonchurch58
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed for a single night en route to the west of Scotland from London. Everything about our stay was 5*. Despite being within easy reach of the M74, the house and its location was in a different world and we would certainly stay again.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

The hosts spend their time tirelessly giving their guests the service and hospitality that one would expect of a top grade hotel.
Tastefully furnished and decorated to a very high standard the bedrooms are equipped with really good beds and super linen = all to ensure a good nights sleep.
We really enjoyed our week at Byreburnfoot and the weather was fair so we could enjoy the well maintained garden and local walks.
Highly recommended but only to fellow travellers who can really appreciate a high standard of quality of service and accomodation.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We arrived at Byreburnfoot to be warmly welcomed by Bill & Lorraine, were provided with a much needed cup of tea and home made scones. We quickly felt as though this was home, and were given lots of information re the house, the gardens and the surrounding area. We had booked for dinner which was cooked by Bill and was first class. A good nights sleep in the very comfortable bed and an excellent breakfast set us up for the next leg of our trip. We were truly sorry to have only booked for one night and will definitely book again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2011

From the moment we arrived at Bill and Lorraines lovely home we were given the 5 star treatment. The accommodation was perfect in every way, the home cooked food (breakfast and evening meals) were cooked by Bill to perfection with Lorraine organising the finer details. From my many years of travelling in the UK and staying in all kinds of accommodation this is the only one I would give full marks to and I shall definitely be paying Byreburnfoot more visits in the future. Well done Bill and Lorraine.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple