“Excellent”

Best Western Passage House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kingsteignton
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We spent 2 nights here. Well done housekeeping. Our room was very clean, cannot fault the standard at all.
The beds are exceptionally comfortable. I can honestly say I have never had such a good nights sleep in a hotel. Public areas the same. They must have a good team working for them.
Food was first class and service very pleasant. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
PassageHouse, Director of Sales at Best Western Passage House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for your review.

I will look forward to showing your review to our housekeeping Manager as her team work very hard to ensure that they provide a superior service.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and went to this hotel, first impressions matter. We were welcomed by the staff .
They were all very helpful and kind.
The reception was warm and welcoming.
We had our evening meal in the dinning room .
The meal was lovely, they had a few wedding receptions on so our food was a bit slow coming out to us ,
But the delay was good there was a lady who was always complaining all the time, the staff were very good with her.
She asked me what I thought of the meal I told her it was very good ,she said she was not happy i told her she had nothing to complain about.
She did put a complaint in . I asked too speak to the manager and i praised the the staff they were under a lot of pressure and coupled very well.
Lovely stay. we would recommend this hotel to any one.
Regards Elaine

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

It gave me great pleasure to read your review, although I do apologise if there was a delay with your food.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having just arrived home, I felt that the staff deserved a thankyou for all their help. We arrived on Saturday pm for my husband's birthday treat. Check in was good and we were shown to our room. In the south lodge, number 12, fab room and very spacious. Tried to connect to internet but to no avail, so called reception and straight away a lovely girl came and tried to resolve it. Didnt work so offered us straight away another room, but it was in the main building and they had a wedding so we prefered the peace and quiet of our'lodge room'.
Had a evening meal in the restaurant and again staff fab, but meal was not so fab,
Breakfast we chose to have delivered to the room and again staff fab, breakfast could have been better. No salt and pepper or sauces.
Later in the day we had a drink in the bar, and all alone as it was extremely quiet it was very nice to find the receptionist introducing herself and finding time to converse with us! Few little things to 'whinge' about but certainly not the staff!! 10/10 for staff!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

First of all Happy Birthday to your husband!

I am so happy to hear that our staff made you feel so welcome at the hotel, I will be sure to pass your review round for all of the hotel teams to see.

I will also pass on your feedback with regards to our food to our head Chef.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have just come back from a short break at this hotel, we booked through groupon and got fantastic value for money.
We stayed in the North Lodge, very clean,large room had all the facilities you would need.
Staff were lovely and friendly in both the restaurant, and the Inn on site.
My husband bought me a Spa treatment for my birthday, which again was great value for money.

I cant complain at all about this hotel, it was a lovely Birthday weekend away

The only improvement I would suggest is to lay out the continental breakfast bits on a larger
table and provide a basket of croissants/rolls rather than having to ask for them along with the teas/coffees etc.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
PassageHouse, Director of Sales at Best Western Passage House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

First and foremost I hope that you had a vey happy birthday!!

It gives me great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us here at the BEST WESTERN Passage House Hotel.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We booked this through Groupon as a last minute break and felt compelled to write as we had such a lovely stay. Although the room was as expected (plenty room enough for myself, husband and children (11 & 7) the staff throughout the hotel from housekeeping through to reception and bar were so helpful and genuinely couldn't help enough. Nothing seemed too much trouble. The food in the hotel and the Inn next door was great, made better by not having to drive anywhere for dinners and the pool kept the kids happy. The view of the river in the morning was glorious. It was the icing on the cake for a great long weekend in Devon.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the car park and others have fab views across river - if I'd have known I wo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope that we can welcome you back again soon

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Having read some of the reviews I was not sure what to expect at the hotel. I stayed here for four night with my husband for our wedding anniversary, our room was in the mian building, the room was large with a great view over the estuary yes the bed was two singles attached together but very comfortable, bathroom was small but adequate.
Staff very freindly, breakfast was good, choice of cereals, fresh fruit, cooked meals, toast.
The swimming pool was ok, could do with the water a bit warmer, being away with my husband I was dissappointed to find the sauna and steam rooms were in the changing rooms, therefore we could not use these together.
We ate in the resturant one night, the food was ok, much better value at the pub next door.
Due to the hotel holding corporate events it was not always possible to park at the hotel if you arrived back mid afternoon
I would reccommend the hotel for others to stay at.

Room Tip: Request a room with estuary view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
PassageHouse, Director of Sales at Best Western Passage House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you very much for writing your review and posting two photos from your recent stay.

First of all I would like to congratulate you on your recent Wedding Anniversary, and thank you for deciding to stay with us for this special occasions.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Yes, sometimes the car park immediately in front of the hotel can be full, but we have over 200 car parking spaces, so there should always be a space for our hotel guests.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our leisure club manager with regards to the pool temperature.

I really do hope that we get to welcome you back to the hotel again soon

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Very nice hotel, much better than most Best Westerns I have stayed at. The staff are extremely polite and helpful which makes a big difference. Rooms seemed almost brand new (I stayed in the North Lodge). Large comfy bed, clean room. Perhaps a little sparse but otherwise excellent. Breakfast was good. Not too pricey. Would stay again.

Room Tip: North Lodge was fine. You could imagine there would be some road noise from the A380 in parts locat...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank N_Young47

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

So lovely to hear your positive experience at the hotel, especially that you enjoyed our North Lodge rooms, they are my personal favourites too.

Carley Warren

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsteignton
Cockhaven Arms
5 mi away
Travelodge Torquay
Travelodge Torquay
#28 of 85 in Torquay

Been to Best Western Passage House Hotel? Share your experiences!