“Great food & a very warm welcome”
Review of The Bell Inn

The Bell Inn
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Bell Inn is a 15th century Inn, with traditional features of oak beams and open fire place. A friendly family run pub. Families are welcome and we also welcome dogs. All our food is homemade and freshly prepared to order and all our produce is locally sourced. We have a large garden with views of Dartmoor and are only 5 minutes away from Teignmouth seaside resort. We also have ample parking in our large car park.
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

So glad we found this place via tripadvisor whilst staying locally. We received a very warm welcome and had a lovely chat with the owner. They have a great menu with plenty of choice for all tastes and then some daily specials that we chose from. Our meals of honey glazed duck and hunter's chicken were both delicious and accompanied by fresh salad or vegetables. Finished off with the best chocolate brownie ever. If you're in the area look this lovely pub up for great food and a good choice of ales & ciders.

3  Thank TheRowles

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We booked to have Sunday lunch at the Bell prior to spending a fab afternoon at the races.

The welcome was warming and the home-cooked food was lovely. We will definitely be going back and would like to wish the family every success with building up trade. You deserve to do really well. Thank you and we all enjoyed our brief visit.

3  Thank Gill C
Reviewed August 14, 2013

On a positive note my wife had a steak which she said was "very good" I was dissapointed with the mixed grill ,it is a rare event if I do have a m/g and only because I was feeling particulalrly hungry did I go for it .The steak was horible the chop was fatty ,sausage was tasteless ,egg was hard fried and broken and not one single item was even warm never mind hot !.there were another group of about nine in there at the same time and the speed of sercice to both ourselves and others suggested it was a struggle to keep up.The owners were very pleasant and you can get a good pint of real ale .there is lots of room and you do not feel in anyway cramped .I can only ever speak as I find and wish it was a more favourable review as the place is nice and friendly but when you have a mixed grill you expect to pay for a good quality hearty meal accepting it will never be the cheapest item on the menu .I would go back and give them another try but never the mixed grill. option.

2  Thank teignmouthtraveler
caz261165, Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Im a sorry to hear you did not enjoy your mixed grill, but would like to thank you for your positive comments and I am glad to hear this has not put you off returning.

We have had no other complaints about our mixed grill and wish that you would have pointed out the issue on your visit so as we could have rectified this and also informed our supplier of the poor product they supplied on this occasion.

Our mixed grill comes from the same supplier as the steak you say your wife really enjoyed therefore I feel you may have just been unfortunate on this occasion, some times you do get a bad cut of meat.

We look forward to seeing you on your return

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stopped going to the Bell for a couple of years even though its our local but it kept changing hands, the food wasn't great and it looked dated and tired, however we have seen its recent facelift and thought we'd give it a try, we have now been for an evening meal and a lunch both times the service was excellent and the food was lovely, in fact one of the nicest steaks I've had in a long time! Its lovely to see a family really working hard to turn it around and its great to see their hard work has paid off!

3  Thank Lisa1975Devon
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I went to this pub with my friend after hearing it was under new management. We were made to feel very welcome by all staff. This pub is now being run by a family and what great changes they have made. The place is clean and tidy and has a great oldie worldie feeling. The food and service was excellent, great value and obviously homemade and fresh. The menu has something for everyone and they have some great offers on for families and pensioners. I really hope this family get the support they deserve from the locals as they are obviously working really hard to change the image and old reputation of the pub. The Bell is the best pub for miles and I really hope this family get the recognition they deserve for all their hard work. I will definitely be going back and telling all my friends

3  Thank Jane H