“good food”

Old Rydon Inn
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

A nice old building which is quite quirky. The food was good and the welcome friendly. We went in for their Thai night on a Wednesday after one of their competitors recommended them. The food was very good and beautifully presented would recommend if your like Thai food. They do have another menu which I was lead to believe is also very good.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I returned to this restaurant today, after a long absence, with six friends to celebrate my birthday. I had heard that the food was excellent but I am afraid that was not our experience.

Our group had one burger (rated OK), two rump steaks (rated tough) one king prawn (very nice) and three chicken thai curries (tasty but far too much undercooked onion).

Our two main complaints were that the chips looked and tasted as though they had been half cooked in fat that was not hot enough. These were eventually replaced but of course far too late to go with the meals.

We ordered seven coffees, six of which were excellent but the seventh person who requested decaffeinated received a barely warm cupful. When this was mentioned to the lady who had made them she became quite aggressive saying that she had made them and they were all hot which I am afraid was quite untrue.

A further problem, which may have been beyond the restaurant's control, was that we were plagued with flies throughout our meal.

I am afraid it will again be many years before any of us return to the Old Rydons

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Been here three times in last two months and the service has been nothing but great. Friendly helpful and professional at all times. Don't know what happened on that occasion but in my experience the service is very good. Another great meal as well!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I visited the Old Rydon with 5 friends on Wednesday 18th June for their Thai Banquet. The surroundings are lovely and the welcome was warm. We got our drinks from the bar and that's when the waiting started. We had to ask for menus, ask for someone to take our order, ask for the bill twice. The food was great and good value although if it is a 'banquet' i don't think the desert should be extra. Please go if you don't mind waiting and asking for things but very irritating if you do.

1  Thank Fran B
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Once again a great roast, great quality, great price and great sevice. Will be back once I have regained my appitete and can fit back in through the front door!!