“Best carvery we've ever had”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Passage House Inn

Passage House Inn
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Best carvery we've ever had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

The service is very friendly and the food really good - totally unlike the Passage House Hotel.

The carvery was the best we've ever had - we had two!

The decor is dated but it's busy enough to have an atmosphere and it overlooks the water which is nice. The menu is reasonably varied and interesting.

If you're going to Hackney Lane, pass by the hotel and go straight for the pub.

1 Thank ND74

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Welcoming Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We pre booked a table which is advisable as they get very busy on Sunday Lunch time.
Shown to our table and informed of where we queue for the carvery. Very generous portions, alas, we could not eat a pudding. Very good value for money as we had a reduction as we are Senior So ther are somethings that are good with getting older.
Special Boards and a la carte menu available.

Nottingham
“Lovely Sunday Carvery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Was visiting friends who live in Newton Abbot this weekend and they were showing me the sights. Called at this restaurant just for a drink outside by the river. However, seeing the diners enjoying huge plates of carvery we decided to eat there. It was very reasonably priced, as was the wine and the food was just as delicious as it looked. The chef was very generous when serving the meat and there was a huge choice of fresh vegetables, including broad beans and red cabbage - different to the usual peas, carrots and cabbage!
My friends had not eaten there before but would definitely do so again. I have been in touch to see if they do some sort of voucher that I could send to my friends as a thank you. They dont but are trying to sort something out for me, which would be lovely. I hope they can.
I love carveries and I can honestly say this was one of the very best for value and quality of food.

Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were disappointed by the standard of the food served in the Inn (not the nearby hotel). It was curry night, which did not appeal, so we ordered a la carte:

Fish, chips and mushy peas - small fish, too many chips
Plaice & vegetables - tiny fish, mostly bone, veg OK apart from potatoes cold
Mediterranean risotto - dry and fairly tasteless, served with coleslaw (strange taste combination!) and salad.

Service slow. We won't be repeating this experience!

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
“Mid week Carvery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Good value for money for a mid week roast, discounts for OAP,s friendly atmosphere,
good choice on the menu with daily specials, I have had a few of the meals on the menu, and I can honestly say I would go back again. Lovely warm fire in the winter, and outside tables overlooking the river and fields and views past the water. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. On my next trip to Kingsteignton, I would go to the Passage House Inn than anywhere else, whether that be for a meal with friends, or just a drink.