“The Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1 Jct 25 - RE VISITED !”

Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sandiacre
Luton, United Kingdom
“The Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1 Jct 25 - RE VISITED !”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had been looking forward to re visiting this Hotel again as my previous stay back in July was just to short.

I was once again checked in with friendly efficientcey on this occasion by Zoe and made to feel very welcome

This time i stayed in Room 120 which was similar to Room 148 where i stayed in July, but with a slightly more up to date bathroom, again i had an excellent night's sleep.

Breakfast the next morning was well presented with all the usual choices you would expect of a hotel of this calibre. i had the full English WITH BLACK PUDDING !! which you don't seem to get in Hotels in the South of England as i have said before i believe it's a regional thing !!
Special praise must go to Ann who assisted all guests at breakfast including myself and even though she was working still had time to chat to me and fellow guests.

Check out was quick and efficient and with a smile from John on reception, that made my day.

Again i would not hesitate to stay here for either business or leisure and would highly recommend it to the people i know who need a hotel stay in Nottingham - No doubt at all i will be back again at some point !!

Room Tip: As the Hotel is in it's own grounds away from the M1, You should be able to find a quiet room an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Steven-Coulam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review and for your kind comments which will be shared with the team. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Bristol
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Just stayed here for one night (Saturday) as visiting family and friends in the Nottingham/Derby area so a perfect location for us. Although it's adjacent to the M1 it really is very quiet and you can't even see the motorway due to lots of trees and grass which creates the feel of it being more in the country than it is!
Staff were super friendly, room was comfortable and clean with all the amenities you need including a good power shower! Very peaceful too.
We ate in the lounge where we could have our dog with us and family came to join us for the meal. It was really good food, large portions and fairly reasonably priced for a hotel.
The hotel seemed very quiet, we shared the lounge with one other person the whole night and it was a Saturday! But maybe the majority of their guests stay in the week on business? Not complaining, it was nice! There was a coach party staying - they have to eat off the buffet!
We didn't have breakfast but judging by the dinner we had I'm sure it would have been good.
The only downside is that they charge £12.95 per day for WiFi which really in this day and age is unacceptable. We settled for our 3G devices and hope that not many people fall for this rip off trick. If you can sort this out Holiday Inn, then we will definitely return as everything else was excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Steven-Coulam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review and for your kind comments which will be shared with our team. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
St Albans Herts
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here 20 - 22 September with Diamond Holidays for a walking weekend. Check in was good, and our room was spacious and clean, although other members of my group were given sofa beds to sleep on. We were told that dinner was at 7 30, so duly arrived in the dining room promptly. The starter was soup which was very nice, but the main meal was chaotic. There were very big queues, and when I was served there was good choice of main courses but no vegetables. I waited at the serving trolley for over 20 minutes, by which time I was sweating buckets and my chicken chausseur was not at its freshest, and eventually some more vegetables were brought. Callum was working his socks off to be polite helpful and cheerful By this time my other 5 friends had finished their dinner and dessert so the meal was somewhat spoiled. Also, somewhat bizzarely, the bar had run out of wine glasses, so we were given tumblers. Yuk!! With Villa Maria at £6.65 a glass you want it properly chilled in a nice glass. We ordered a packed lunch for the walk, which was excellent value for money, and I could not fault it. However, on our return from a long and tiring walk, having not been told any different, we retired to our rooms to get ready for dinner at 7.30. At ten to seven we got a call from reception saying that they had started serving dinner at 6 30 and we needed to come down to the dining room. Lovely soup again, but I could not believe that once more I was on the end of a long queue only to be told that there were no vegetables, and there were none more coming. Poor Gary was slaving his socks off, and trying to placate very miffed residents, with absolutely no back up or help from the management. He even asked the kitchen to produce some frozen peas, but the message came back that there weren't any. Only when I insisted on seeing a Manager was a plate of broccoli finally produced - by which time once again my friends had finished their entire meal, and my nicely chilled wine was warm.

To summarise this hotel - the breakfasts were excellent, the rooms spacious and clean, and the staff very friendly and helpful - especially Callum and Gary whom I felt were "hung out to dry" by the Management. I could have understood it had they run out of a main meal choice, as it is difficult to predict what people will choose, BUT to run out of vegetables ( a relatively cheap commodity) even FROZEN PEAS!! is inexcusable - especially as it obviously was not a one off as it happened to me on both nights of my stay. It's a a shame because they have a hardworking staff who are not supported by their seniors. They need to get this one problem sorted out - especially as they knew they had a coach party of 47 people who would all be arriving in the Dining Room at the same time. I think the comments made by an earlier reviewer were spot on - if you came there as an independent traveller I don't think there would have been a problem, but coach parties - which I concede get a very good deal for their money - seem to be treated very differently. Overall a good hotel, lovely staff and the food was nice when it came, but they need to ger their house in order

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank joodStAlbansHerts
Steven-Coulam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review and for your constructive comments. Your observations have been passed to our management team and they will carry out a full de-brief of the weekend. I appreciate your feedback regarding Callum and Gary, they will be recognised for their excellent customer service and nominated for Employee of the Month. Thank you again for your time and despite the shortfall in service that you experienced on this occasion I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
elphinstone
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We found this hotel very had to find it is not signposted in the town very well. But on arrival it was like an oasis. It is surrounded by lovely gardens. Check in staff were pleasant and the rooms were very good. We dined in the restaurant for dinner and the food was excellent . The highlight of our stay was the breakfast staff. Gary greeted us at he door like a long lost friend. He showed us the various buffet choices and then showed us to our table. Service was excellent thank you Gary and Denise for your great service. We would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Steven-Coulam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review and for your kind comments. We pride ourselves on our customer service and I am pleased that Gary and Denise provided outstanding service at breakfast. Their names will be put forward for our Employee of the Month award. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Nottingham
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location with secure free parking, superb breakfast with a great variety to cater for all tests and good evening meal. Room was very spacious with a 32" LCD tv and very clean. Would stay here again as cant fault it.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Vivianne W
Linda_Grice, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review and for your kind comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.
Reading
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here for one night. It is two minutes off the m1. You can hear the m1, but the hotel is well signposted.

There is a barrier entry system for security. The hotel is not the prettiest, but has a large car park. The hotel has a large reception. The rooms are nice and clean.

Breakfast was a treat and overall the customer service by all the staff is excellent and seem to really care.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Linda_Grice, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with my wife and 2 teenage sons. The car park was secure and gated and the reception attended by excellent and helpful staff. The family room was a little too "cozy" but had all of the amenities you would expect, as wll as being extremely clean. The restaurant service was excellent and the food outstanding, and not to expensive. I would certainly visit this hotel again, with the only fault being the size of room

Room Tip: Ask fot the biggest room available
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lee F
Linda_Grice, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review and for your positive comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandiacre
Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby
Best Western Nottingham Derby
The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Village Hotel Nottingham
#16 of 49 in Nottingham
Travelodge Nottingham Trowell M1

Been to Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1? Share your experiences!