“Nice Hotel if a Little Tired”

Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sandiacre
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Usual Holiday Inn efficiency in a tired building in need of some TLC. The staff are keen and friendly enough, though the lounge service can be a little sporadic. The building is in much need of renovation and could do with a facelift. What this hotel really needs though is free Wi Fi. In this day and age to charge such high amounts for Wi Fi is criminal - especial when paying such prices for Tea and Coffee - come on Holiday Inn - wake up - this is 2013 !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Shadow81
Linda_Grice, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay. Your observations have been passed to our management team for review and discussion. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed 2 nights whilst away on business.. Arm welcome, as a priority member I got upgraded to an exec room (might have been upgraded regardless of priority). Very nice, large room with huge tv, complimentary water etc.. Very quiet rooms despite hotel being full.
Food was also very good.. Freshly prepared and great choice.. Prices a little height but nothing too silly..
Chris the Duty Manager took time to have a general catch up whilst I stood at the bar.. Genuine interest in what I thought of the hotel.. Where I was working etc. nice bloke.
Breakfast was fine.. Great choice and very friendly staff.. Enjoyed the personal touch of what's your name as opposed to just room number..
Great for business, limited facilities for pleasure but good location but still nice and quiet..
Will now be using this hotel most weeks when working down that way..

• Stayed: April 2013
Linda_Grice, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review and for your kind feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed for one night as had a party nearby. Staff were very helpful and we had a huge room as we were allocated one with facilities for disabled guests. However, because of this, the bath was very shallow and there hot water seemed to have a maximum temperature which was colder than ideal for a bath. The bathroom was so large, it was a pity that there was not a separate shower cubicle. The towels were small, prefer a bath sheet when there are no bathrobes.
Good parking and very convenient for the motorway.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Linda_Grice, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Our Reception Manager has been made aware of your feedback regarding the allocation of your room. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here for one night on Easter Saturday as part of a National Holidays coach trip. I stayed with my 13 year old daughter and our package included dinner and breakfast. On arrival we were presented with a buffet meal. I thought the choice was okay, (but I eat anything!) and there was more than enough for the group on my tour. My daughter thought the evening meal was, 'gross'. She normally eats quite well but all should eat was the soup/bread starter and the fudge cake. Maybe, teenagers were not expected! The two ladies on the table next to me and my daughter said the meal was tasteless too. Our room was cold but the bed was very comfortable and I found myself asleep before the end of Casualty! The room was clean and the pillows were lovely.
Evening meal was redeemed by the breakfast, my teenager loved the pancake machine. Breakfast was well cooked and there was no end of choice! I would book here independantly if I was in the area. It may have been a good idea for the hotel to add a bowl of chips on to their evening meal, just incase the odd sulky teen turns up!(Or leave the pancake machine switched on!).
My dealings with the staff were minimal but they happily gave my daugter teabags and milk when she requested them. The staff serving at breakfast were polite and helpful.
Overall, very good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Linda_Grice, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review following your recent stay with us. Your observations regarding your evening meal have been passed to our Head Chef so that he can share them with his team. We're pleased that your daughter enjoyed her pancakes at breakfast, the machine was only recently introduced and is proving very popular with our guests. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we'll be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were visiting friends to celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary in Sandiacre, so decided to stay at the Holiday Inn located only 5 minutes from our friends home. On arrival, we were quickly checked into the hotel. Our room on the 2nd floor (only 2 floors at this hotel) was clean and comfortable, providing us with everything we needed, including tea/coffee making facilities. We chose to eat in the hotel on the first evening; the menu had something for everyone. The food was of a high standard and there were plenty of other guests also eating at the hotel, which created some atmosphere.

Our package included breakfast, again this was to a high standard with plenty of variety, including pastries, cereals, juices and all the ingredients you need for a “Full English”. A special mention has to be made for the pancake machine, I was encouraged to use it by a member of staff and it made perfect pancakes at the push of a button!

When we arrived back from the anniversary celebrations, there was a birthday party in full swing, however, due to the construction/layout of the hotel we never heard any music in our hotel room and were not disturbed.

On the final day of our break, we had a problem with a taxi company, once I raised this with reception, they went overboard to correct the problem and dealt with it immediately – couldn’t ask for anymore from the staff! I would recommend the Holiday Inn at Sandiacre and would use them again in the future!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda_Grice, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We pride ourselves on our customer service and it is very encouraging to receive such positive comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great hotel, clean and good food. service very good - but lack of free wifi lets it down for business traveller - many other Holiday Inns offer free wifi in the bar/lounge area. But if this is not an issue otherwise fine - was quite a long walk to the room, but the exercise will do you good!

• Stayed: March 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review and for your constructive feedback which has been shared with our Management Team. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel three times, check in with the male receptionist was smooth. we stopped in an executive room , it was very clean and tidy .
My wife and I thought that the meals served in the dining room were excellent , she had the welsh bass and I had the beef and ale pie. Both were presented / served well by very attentive staff .
Breakfast is "help yourself" it was cooked and again presented well on the heated counter. A new addition is a pancake baking machine , I tried it , and I thought that the two pancakes I had with bacon and maple syrup tasted very good. I would certainly have then again on our next visit. The breakfast staff were excellent, very pleasant , knew their job , told first timers at this hotel the procedures etc.
Was not too impressed with the female receptionist who checked us out . Appeared lacking in customer service.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review and for your kind comments. Our Reception Manager has been made aware of your feedback and will be sharing this with his team. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandiacre
Best Western Nottingham Derby
#6 of 41 in Nottingham
Hilton East Midlands Airport
Hilton East Midlands Airport
#3 of 7 in Castle Donington

Been to Holiday Inn Derby - Nottingham M1? Share your experiences!