“Fantastic views, comfortable and spacious...”
Wood burning stove - ahhhh It's the Kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Wood burning stove - ahhhh
It's the Kitchen
Living room from the bookcase
Living room from behind the television
Main Bedroom - my favourite anyway
Bedroom 2 - it's twins....beds
Chapel Stile - cows eye view
Chapel Stile - sheeps eye view
The Chapel of Chapel Stile fame
Chapel Stile - birds eye view
The Cottage from the middle of the road
Wood burning stove - not quite sure why I have 2 photos of the stove but it's better than none!
Floor Plan
The Games Room with brand new Pool table - just in case it rains!
Village shop - 50 yards away
Village shop welcomes novices!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Nboa
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic views, comfortable and spacious accommodation”
Reviewed March 25, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Lovely, spacious cottage in a fantastic location in our favourite area of the Lake District.
Many walks from the door and 2 pubs a short stroll away. Well stocked village shop across the road.

As there was only 4 of us, we had plenty of room to spread out and store our muddy boots and wet coats. Yes, it rained the whole time we were there!! The wood burner came in very handy and made the lounge very cosy indeed. We also really appreciated being able to bring our pet Labrador, Harry, along too. He loved the wood burner!!

My only request would be for Warren to get some better glasses. A matching set of wine glasses and some champagne flutes would be nice!!

All in all, I can thoroughly recommend this lovely cottage and we will definitely be back again soon.

Mar 28, 2017
Many thanks for the review. I'm really pleased you and Harry enjoyed the cottage. It's a pity that you had some damp weather - but I guess that's part of the gamble with the Lake District.

Not too long ago, there was a matching set ( I think 6 or 8) wine glasses together with the old odds and sods which I couldn't bring myself to throw out. But, it sounds that we've had some breakages which unfortunately we haven't spotted. I'll get another set to bring us back up to stock.

As for champagne flutes, I can't see them lasting very long! But, for a special occasion I can see why they would be a great, so maybe I'll get some and put them in a higher cupboard so people only go for them when there is a champagne occasion.

Thanks for the feedback and hope to see you back soon.

Warren
Nathalie...
Derby, United Kingdom
“Perfect pet friendly cottage”
Reviewed January 5, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We stayed for Christmas 2016 and it was fantastic week, fabulous location, well stocked shop and a dog friendly pub only 250m way, tonnes of walks straight from the cottage so no need to drive anywhere but still in the heart of The Lakes not far to drive if you wanted to. Cottage had everything you could possibly need and with four adults, 2 teenagers and a child there was plenty of room for everyone (even with the Christmas tree up!). Bedrooms were great, cottage was warm all the time and plenty of games to keep us entertained. Warren has been wonderful and we would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to stay.

Jan 6, 2017
Many thanks for your review Nathalie and so pleased you enjoyed your Christmas stay at the cottage. It's always nice to get feedback on the location as well as the cottage as other guests have also said that they could easily leave their car parked up for their time there if they wish and still find plenty of walks to go on whilst at the same time there are plenty of other areas of the Lakes to explore within a short drive. Thanks again Warren.
CED_11
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Lovely, cosy and tranquil cottage”
Reviewed November 16, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

We stayed here at the beginning of November for my Mums' 70th Birthday. The cottage was just as described and was a great base for a weekend away. The kitchen was fully stocked and there was nothing we were short of. The cottage was lovely and warm and the log burner was a great asset on a cool Autumn night. The Wainwright Pub across the road was great even though a little busy, especially on bonfire night. We took a lovely walk to Grasmere which was helped by the variety of maps that are in the cottage. Only negatives have been said before about another bathroom but that was not too much of a problem for us.
I would recommend the Old Postmasters to families and friends and hope to visit again.

Liked best: Log Burner, kitchen well stocked
Liked least: soft bed, but that is my issue.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Large groups People with pets
Nov 17, 2016
Many thanks for the kind review and thank you for choosing my cottage for such a special weekend. Plans are still afoot for a basement loo/shower room but I think my plumber masquerades as the scarlet pimpernel as a final price and design is proving very difficult to nail down. Hopefully, we'll have it all in by the time you hopefully return for you Mum's 71st birthday! Warren
Fiona T
Billericay, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
Reviewed October 23, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

This cottage is all as it is advertised and more . Warren the owner has really tried to think of everything to make your holiday in this beautiful part of the world hastle free . The kitchen is well equipped with washing machine & dish washer included , only negative comment was there was no empty cupboard to put food away - but there was plenty of surface space . In the lower ground floor there is a well equipped games room with TV and computer games , a cupboard full of board games etc . Brilliant for families and rainy days . The quilts were really comfy and we slept well every night . The only downside ( though not for us as a couple ) , is there is only one bathroom ( with bath , shower and WC ) , and a separate toilet - but all on the top floor . This could prove a problem for a full house especially in getting everyone out in the morning , and fir those in rooms on the lower ground . The living room has a lovely log burning stove - not that we needed it as the storage heaters kept the house warm . There is an array of maps and walking books provided and Warren was happy to suggest places to eat , visit etc . The cottage is in a lovely village , with lots of walks from the front door and 2 pleasant pubs within walking distance . Would definitely use this again .

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the attention to detail and help offered by Warren
Liked least: The towels were quite thin ( that really was all I coukd think of )
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 24, 2016
Fiona, thanks for the review and your comments all noted.

I did have to take one wall cupboard out when I bought the new tall fridge freezer - ironically that was after some guests had rightly pointed out the cottage could do with a bigger one. Anybody reading this can see the old arrangement on the photo on the webpage. That removed cupboard was the main 'food' cupboard. The one next to it has a little space but I accept it's probably not enough. And all the others I have filled with crockery, pots, pans, cookware and various other handy stuff. I will re-arrange the cupboards to try and get one completely empty one for food.

The second bathroom planning has been ongoing for some while and I now have a plumber who is confident he can get a water supply & drainage connection to it. He just needs to liaise with an electrician to confirm the ventilation arrangement - a bathroom without ventilation is not a pleasant place to be!! I'll give him a chase and see when we can get it all installed. Many thanks for staying at the cottage and I hope you will return again one day. W
Sallysatn...
Eastbourne
“A home from home”
Reviewed September 20, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We loved staying in the Old Post Office. It is perfectly situated in the lovely village of Chapel Stile. This is a tardis of a house. Spacious and well presented. It has a lovely homely feel and we were very happy with our stay. The village stores are next door and the Wainwright Pub served amazing food and had a great atmosphere. We really didn't want to leave.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: The mattress in the double room upstairs - really needs replacing as very uncomfortable
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Sep 21, 2016
Many thanks for the kind review. My place hasn't been called a tardis before, but I get where you're coming from! Ha - just wait until I put in an attic bedroom! Good to hear Wainwrights is still up to scratch - I'm looking forward to the off season so I can pop up there myself. Cheers W
Kazcowens
“Quaint house in the lakes”
Reviewed July 31, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Quiet location, not too far from amenities. Looked forward to seeing the sheep walking pass the window in the morning.
Enjoyed a game of pool everyday.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Aug 1, 2016
Ha - yes, the wandering sheep on their way to work always makes me smile - quite a contrast to your normal rush hour.
Teresa E
Henley on Thames, null, United Kingdom
“Wonderful, cost in a great location.”
Reviewed April 11, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

When looking for a property in the Lakes we look for a traditional, cosy cottage where we can leave the car behind to explore. This was just what we were looking for. Warren gave us so much information before we arrived which was delivered with a taste of fun. Very close to both a shop which was extremely well stocked and had very friendly staff and the local pub, Wainwrights which was very welcoming at the end of the long car journey and long days out walking. However the cottage was also very hard to leave due to comfortable surroundings. Well equipped games room which was enjoyed by all. Plenty of room for parking. We have already told other members of our family who are hoping to visit soon. Thank you for letting us use your home.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: Leaving
Traveling group: Young Children
Large groups People with pets
Apr 13, 2016
Thank you very much for the review Teresa. Good to hear the shop & pub are still on form. I always try and find an excuse to pop into the shop whenever I visit - there's a few characters in there! Hope to see you back soon. Warren
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing