“Lovely holiday home in an excellent location”
Wood burning stove - ahhhh It's the Kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Wood burning stove - ahhhh
It's the Kitchen
Living room from the bookcase
Living room from behind the television
Main Bedroom - my favourite anyway
Bedroom 2 - it's twins....beds
Chapel Stile - cows eye view
Chapel Stile - sheeps eye view
The Chapel of Chapel Stile fame
Chapel Stile - birds eye view
The Cottage from the middle of the road
Wood burning stove - not quite sure why I have 2 photos of the stove but it's better than none!
Floor Plan
The Games Room with brand new Pool table - just in case it rains!
Village shop - 50 yards away
Village shop welcomes novices!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
mschillpi...
England
“Lovely holiday home in an excellent location”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 for a stay in August 2013

We were 4 adults and a child. The lovely cottage had everything we needed including interesting books and a pool table! The owner was extremely helpful in providing us with detailed and clear notes which included everything from directions to the place, where to park and the best places around to visit/ eat. The cottage itself was ideal for calm, picturesque walks. We had an extremely relaxed holiday. In my opinion, lack of wifi and patchy mobile signal worked wonders in helping us unwind totally! We would totally recommend this beautiful cottage.

Liked best: The beautiful location
Families with young children Large groups
Jan 21, 2014
Thanks for your kind words. Unfortunately, the "lack of wifi to help you unwind" has now been spoilt by me installing broadband wifi. I was torn between putting it in or not, as it is nice to not feel the pressure to check emails all the time, but I had too many people asking for it.

Anyway, I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope the wifi doesn't put you off returning in the future!

60Aussie
York
“Lakeland special”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Lovely house, clean and comfortable with added benefit of a well stocked village store. Location is perfect and close to areas of extreme beauty.

Traveling group: Friends
Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
the_b0mb
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Everything we needed and more, location couldn't have been any better :)”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

The cottage was just what we needed for our family getaway to the Lake District, we absolutely loved our stay and I would highly recommend it to our family and friends. There was 6 adults and 1 new born baby staying at the cottage and there was plenty room for more. The location was perfect with some breathtaking views and lovely walking/hiking trips right on your doorstep. I cannot thank Warren (the owner) enough for all his helpful information and recommendations on what to see, where to go and where to eat out etc. We spent 3 nights at the cottage at the back end of May and even got some sunshine too which was a bonus. There is a little supermarket a stone throw away from the cottage which is handy for grabbing essentials and a little further down the road (2 minute walk) is a lovely Pub called the Wainwrights that do some lovely pub food (lamb shoulder is highly recommended). Just left of the pub is a public pathway which will take you on a lovely riverside walk.

The cottage itself is bigger than we expected and there is a games room downstairs from the kitchen which has plenty games to keep children entertained and also a pool table to keep the adults entertained as well. The bed linens and towels were immaculate and of the best quality. There is no mobile phone signal available throughout the cottage but to me that’s how it should be, leave your mobile phones at home and should you wish to make a call then there is a pay phone in the cottage kitchen itself. You will find a lovely NEW wood burner stove in the living room which I can assure you sets the mood on a rainy cold evening, we made the most of it one evening and all enjoyed a bottle of carbernet sauvignon purchased from the little supermarket and spent the evening just chilling out enjoying the log fire.

I cannot think of any negative points and I can assure you that you will not regret your stay at this lovely cottage. I am a keen traveler and you will see from my profile that I do not leave any reviews but I figured this cottage is a little gem that deserves a special mention. We already cannot wait to go back sometime.

Should you have any questions at all then please feel free to contact Warren, he is very helpful.

Stacey

Liked best: Tranquil location, wood burner stove & comfy beds & linen
Families with young children Large groups
Jun 29, 2013
Thanks for the review Stacey - and glad you enjoyed the stove. I'm really pleased with it and it adds that extra bit of character that was missing before I had it installed.

Hope to see you back soon. Broadband and some more kit for the Games room are on my shopping list!

Thanks again.

Wayne M
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage & village, well worth a visit”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Lovely cottage in a great little village, spot on for walking & quiet life, but near enough for Ambleside or Bowness if you want it a tad livelier, No gas in the village so all heating from wall & storage heaters, after an hour of arriving all cosy, top floor bedrooms very nice & comfortable, cellar floor bedrooms took more heating as their below ground level, but again heaters soon took care of it,
Well stocked for the kids with videos, dvds, (even in games room). games & jigsaws etc,
lovely wood burner gave that real country feel, kitchen well stocked with everything we needed,
A local bus runs through past house, stop just outside door, well stocked village shop 1 min walk, 3 mins walk see's the pub, good food & local brews,
we all enjoyed our stay, a family from 13 to 72 years,
Be aware that there is very limited mobile phone signal throughout the village, but the owner has installed a pay phone in the cottage. Sitting in the upstairs bedroom window sometimes worked!
we will be back again,
Thanks Warren

Liked best: Excellent location
Liked least: No phone signal but pay phone in cottage
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Jun 29, 2013
Thanks for the kind review. Yes, mobile signal is patchy but slowly getting better I think. Though, sometimes it's nice not to be contactable!! Having said that, it's the way of the world these days and though I can't do much about the mobile network coverage, I am looking to put some broadband wi-fi in the house so people can Skype, WhatsApp, Viber etc on the Interweb.

Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon.

Warren
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing