“good food but!!”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in Disley
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional british pub serving homemade quality food and drinks. Selection of cask beers,lagers,cider and guiness. Fine selection of wines in our new wine menu.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Looked at the menu on there web sight first before going as I usually don't eat a large lunch & only wanted a burger or a sandwich.
Their Online menu for a Sunday lunch says nothing about only having full Sunday roasts.
No burgers etc so I had the roast chicken meal with chips & veg which credit were credit is due was very nice, huge portions & only £7.95 which is great value except I didn't really want such a large meal at lunch time it also took 30 minutes to arrive with no explanation.
They have burgers etc on in the week not on a Sunday.
The pub has a small free car park.
Its very clean & nicely laid out.
I think the man on the bar was his first day as he did not know were anything was or how it all worked but hey we all forget our first day on the job so hopefully he will improve in time.
I sore some home made apple crumble & custard which looked delicious.
I would recommend this place everybody's food looked very nice.

1  Thank simon m

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Been here a couple of times and found this traditional pub to be welcoming, clean, great food and service. Would take overseas visitors here.

1  Thank Marlene B
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Cosy pub with friendly, pleasant, helpful bar staff and convivial locals. The landlord,Juan, is Spanish,so it is no surprise to see a Tapas menu and well kept San Miguel!(Although the full Robinson's range of beers are of equally excellent quality).
Try the 4 tapas dishes for 16.95 (with bread and dips included) - well cooked and great value.However ,so are the more traditional British meals, with three courses for 12.95
We had a table for 16 with an age range of one to eighty five and everyone was efficiently served (although with numbers such as ours you need to book in advance).
A great way to spend a comfortable Sunday afternoon!

2  Thank KEVIN C
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Went there for my dad's birthday today, the starter, main course and desert where all really nice, arrived quickly, service by lady called Sally very pleasant.
Beer is good, robinsons pub.

In summery, nice old fashioned pub, good home made quality food with pleasant staff

3  Thank Paul H
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Whilst on a trip to Lyme Park myself and my girlfriend ventured to Disley for food and drinks. There were a selection of pubs to try but the White Horse stood out with its offer of Tapas which the girlfriend likes. Once inside the staff were warm and friendly which is very comforting. The beer selection was brilliant as I sampled some great tasting ales. For food I ordered fish and chips and Tapas for her and both meals were cooked fantastically, couldn't fault a thing. So all in all, great service, great food and a great day out. I must also mention the price of our meals, very reasonable. We will definitely be coming back when we visit Disley again.

2  Thank LBE1984