“Good food overall....”
Review of The Ram's Head

The Ram's Head
Ranked #7 of 12 Restaurants in Disley
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: There's no place like The Ram's Head in Disley, a cracking local pub serving up all kinds of delights, from hand-picked cask ales, continental lagers and other top-drawer drinks to Sunday roasts, seasonal specials and tasty pub-food classics. We're particularly proud of our gorgeous beer garden, and in winter we stoke our log-fires to provide some of the cosiest corners in the country. Please note: Our £2 parking charge will be refunded to guests spending £2 or more in the pub.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Called in here on the way to the Airport, as a nice way to start our holiday. My partner went for the somerset brie starter, and the pulled pork BBQ sandwich for main, which should have come in a bun, but for some reason was in a ciabatta roll, without any explanation for the change. I had the corned beef hash cake for starter, which was nice, and the cannelloni from the light lunch menu, which was excellent. Overall the meal was good, and the place itself is worthy of a visit. Not sure what happened with the staff though - we had three different people serving us through the meal. I note that others have mentioned this, so perhaps there are a few issues. However, from a food point of view, it was good quality fare from a lunch menu.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

When you are part of a chain there is only one thing that separates you from the next link! That's your team..So big ups for the current Rams Head management and staff team that really know how to face forward, not play on their mobiles facebooking, see a spillage or a table that needs wiping down in the corner of their eye and serve up a pretty good pint! The wines are expensive but then it stops tipply people from ruining the quiet traditional country pub atmosphere! Fave food Sunday roast platter and good value too!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I visited The Ram's Head with a group of 20 work colleagues as we were 'celebrating' (if that is the right word!) the retirement of one of us.

We all met in the bar area seemed nice enough with plenty of space to sit down and chat with a drink. I was designated driver for the night so exchanged diesel money for drinks so I can't comment on the prices here.

The meal itself - I shared the House Tasting Platter with a colleague at a cost of £13.95. The soup of the day which was tomato and chilli was great with a decent amount of heat and flavour. All the tit-bits were OK although the apricot compote with the deep fried brie did not really seem to go. However I could not help feeling that it was all a bit over priced and looking at some of the other starters I thought the same.

For main I had the Minted Lamb Burger at £10.95 which was a bit dry, flavourless and a bit on the small side. I had to ask for some brown sauce - normally you get asked if you want any sauces etc.

I passed on dessert as there was nothing on the menu which made me think 'I must give that a try'.

We asked for some jugs of tap water which duly came although one of them had a crack in the bottom which we did not see until it started to deposit water all over the table.

Service was OK - I appreciate it must have been difficult for the chef to get 20 meals out at the same time.

I don't think I would go back - bit of a trek for me and there are better value places closer to home.

1  Thank James H
Reviewed May 6, 2013

On a visit to the UK, we arranged a family and old school get together in the Rams Head which turned out to be an excellent choice. Good quality ales and welcoming open fires but the service leaves something to be desired. On my visits to the bar to order more drinks, there was nobody there. But still worth visiting, I shall return.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

A group of us ate at the Ram's Head on Sunday 21st April. We had eaten here before so were looking forward to an excellent meal. The staff serving were efficient and the menu enticing. However, our main meals took a very long time to come and were not right when they arrived. One of the party ordered trout and was served salmon. I was directed toward an asparagus salad in the gluten free menu and it came without asparagus (the waitress took this back and put asparagus in it), my husband ordered pork with crackling and it came without crackling, one of the party ordered gnocchi in cheese sauce, with extra cheese and the sauce was not cheesy at all. The food we ordered just did not match up with the menu. At the end of the meal I took details of an online feedback form and submitted these comments. I did this immediately and still have not had a response so I thought I would post on trip advisor and warn others. Check what you have asked for and insist you get it as the food served does not match with that advertised in the menu!

1  Thank Gabrielle L