“Poor Service and I am still waiting for our coffee's”
Review of The Ram's Head

The Ram's Head
Ranked #7 of 12 Restaurants in Disley
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: There's no place like The Ram's Head in Disley, a cracking local pub serving up all kinds of delights, from hand-picked cask ales, continental lagers and other top-drawer drinks to Sunday roasts, seasonal specials and tasty pub-food classics. We're particularly proud of our gorgeous beer garden, and in winter we stoke our log-fires to provide some of the cosiest corners in the country. Please note: Our £2 parking charge will be refunded to guests spending £2 or more in the pub.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visited The Ram's Head on Easter Sunday with my mum, dad, brother in law and my sister, hoping for a nice family experience.

We ordered 3 soups to arrive with the mains but my brother in laws Steak and Ale pie was cold in the middle and had to be sent back which can happen.

The staff just seemed to be running round like headless chickens and it was obvious than they were understaffed.

We ordered 3 latte's and 25 mins later only 2 turned up so we waiting another 15 minutes and the 3rd one didn't arrive so we paid and left.

I have emailed The Rams Heads to complain about the service over a week ago and still haven't even had an acknowledgement of my compaint which is very poor customer service.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have visited a number of times of the last 3 years.
I have to say the service has improved recently and the food is very good.
Party of 5, we went on Fish Friday to celebrate my wife's new job, so we ordered champagne (on offer on a friday at £23) and a couple of bottles of Red Kinross. Starters ranged from Lobster tail (Yum), garlic flatbread and Chicken Liver Pate(Which I tried recently, and its good).
Mains ranged from Red Snapper (Excellent), Gammon Steak and Spicy Chicken, all well presented. The food doesnt come out quick, so at least you know its not been dinged.
For the dessert, we tried the sampler and cheese and biscuits, rounding off a delicious meal.
Based upon recent reviews, it doesnt look a good place to visit, but it was ££ well spent and I would recommend it. Ensure you book though, so you can get attentive service instead of waiting at the bar !

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Visited today ( not for the first time) after a stroll with my family around Lyme Park. Felt thoroughly relaxed after a nice welcome and a large glass of red :) still confused, even after a few visits as to the actual seating procedure, it's not clear if you seat yourself or wait for a staff member, maybe some signage would be a good idea?
Food was lovely, overpriced, but a good roast. Our waitress ( Lisa) was very attentive and friendly, in the past the service has been very hit and miss, either ignored or over the top TGI Fridays kind of attention! The toilets make me cringe, the paintwork is grubby and the area around the sink is actually rotten, this really lets the place down as the rest of the decor is splendid. I really like this place but it just lacks something that makes me want to take friends, it's great for an after walk roast but I would hesitate to recommend to anyone for most of the points that other reviewers have already stated. Get it polished management! You're missing a big trick here:)

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have been here on a number of occasions and we have always enjoyed our visit and spread the good word about our experience. We have just been for. Easter Sunday lunch and we were both very disappointed. We both had the roast turkey dinner which overall was quite pleasant - our problem was with the service - it was non existent and took forever. The last straw was we were asked if we wanted the desert menu - oh yes please said my wife. 20 minutes later we were still waiting so we gave up and went to the bar to pay and leave. I would not mind but we actually saw our server leaving - obviously finished her shift and was on her way home. We did mention our experience when we paid at the bar - the response was "sorry but was everything else ok". Well shame on you - the service in my opinion is one of the most important things in the "service" industry - what a disappointment.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I would advise against the fish mezze, it was very poor, and the rest was really pretty uninspiring.
But it's a pleasant place and the lady that served us was extremely charming.

1  Thank DRJStAlbans