“Great place”

Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Disley
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Sasso Restaurant in Disley!Sasso Restaurant offers the finest Italian cuisine in a relaxing homely atmosphere, combined with impeccable service, providing you with an intimate and personal experience. Come and visit us!
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We visited Sasso for my sister-in-Laws birthday last month, and left really impressed. Since then we have been back twice more, and everything was extremely nice again. Our continued custom will be guaranteed (unless it falters).

2  Thank Jimmymck

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I am 63, traveled extensively worldwide, but especially throughout the whole of Italy, with my wife of forty-odd years. The team here at Sasso, provide, in the opinion of my wife and I, the best dining experience of any Italian restaurant that we have ever patronised. That includes Rome, Venice (9 times), Portofino, Viareggio, All of Liguria, Turin, the Amalfi Coast, and so on and so forth, ad infinitum. The food is fully but delicately flavoured, complex and captivating. We are now busy working through what remains of the rest of the excellent menu choices. We go to Gabbici Mare in Sept for a week or so. The downside -- is that I KNOW that the best Italian meals are actually within 500 metres of my home here in the UK. I have no hesitation in saying that the people there and the food they provide is unparalleled in our view. I have NO axe to grind in providing this review, and no benefit from its publication on the 'net. Go....just GO!!

3  Thank consultantphil
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have had to think long and hard about writing this review as it is a new business run by a young couple starting out.
This was our second visit. On the first visit the food and wine were fine and the restaurant has been given a much needed make over with the addition of an attractive covered courtyard.
On our second visit we were greeted warmly by the owner and ordered our drinks and food.
I ordered a glass of wine which when it came was corked.I asked for it to be replaced and another glass came which again was off and very unpleasant.
The waiters response then became rather curt and we were surprised by his attitude.
He said "It has been tasted by us and it is 100% OK" Well I am afraid it was not OK.
Although he did agree to replace it with a different wine.
Nevertheless his comments were upsetting and spoilt our evening
It is a shame but I am afraid it completely ruined the evening for us and I do not think we will be returning here

3  Thank italytraveller099
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this place is good, nicely refurbished by new owners. Very attentive staff. Food good, excellent atmosphere especially in the new outdoor eating area. feels like you are in the med..

2  Thank jean e
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Conti has recently been sold and is now Sassoon. The staff are very friendly and smartly dressed, my friends and I shared bruschetta and a garlic bread to start, I then had carbonara which was rich, creamy and very very tasty, not to mention filling, my friends enjoyed their main too. They both had ice cream for desert whilst I opted for a tia maria coffee which was a let down as the top was frothy milk like a capuccino rather than cream, I should have sent it back but didn't want to make a fuss, I did give the waiter my feedback though. We sat in the undercover dining rea which was nicely lit with candles, there is probably a livelier atmosphere at the weekend ether than a Wednesday night, but all in all it was very good

1  Thank Debbie B