“Very Good..”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Ferryside
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stopped off here while wandering around, we both had ham and chips for a bit of lunch, lovely hand cut ham, it was a treat.....

3  Thank Bob G

Reviewed November 20, 2012

It is difficult, if not impossible to find fault with the food cooked and served at the Ferry Cabin. The best cooked fish straight from the sea. Try the sewin when in season - Perfect! and please try the steak and kindey or the steak and stilton - with steak from their pedigree herd and chips cooked from potatoes grown on their farm. Dip the chips in the gravey.....the only way.

2  Thank WestWalesHorse
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Since I moved to Ferryside in September I've visited the Cabin for coffee, and fish and chip take aways a few times. Everything is always fresh, tasty and incredibly good value.
Today I decided to have lunch. I chose the Beef Cassarole in Guinness... what a treat... the beef melted in my mouth, the sauce was exactly the right texture and the whole dish just totally divine. Being a great lover of ice cream, I chose the chocolate and coconut ice cream sunday. Ah... the dessert was delicious with a lovely soft cream on top.
I feel very lucky that I live in a small village where I am tempted every day by the fabulous cuisine of this small, friendly Cabin Restaurant.
This is a very popular restaurant with local people, and I highly recommend that you visit if your ever in this area.
I've added a few photos of the view across Ferryside beach. The beach is about 100 yards from the Cabin.

3  Thank Penelope D
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Visited the Ferry Cabin recently and think it definitely needs refurbishing - there are tatty drapes at the window and although the food is absolutely great - whether its mains or desserts I feel that hygiene needs to be reviewed - the toilet area was dingy, dark and in need of a good spring clean and indeed the restaurant as a whole needs spring cleaning.
But if you want good food this is the place for you. The staff on the whole are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We visited the cabin for Sunday lunch. There were eight of us in total. We were lucky to get in, as it is a fairly small restaurant. The atmosphere inside the place was buzzing, the owner was very polite, helpful and humerus. When the food came, we all burst out laughing. Our plates were filled with a massive fresh cod, and plenty of home-grown, hand cut chips, and they were fantastic.
I would recommend this pace to anyone, and even if you have to travel some distance, you will not be disappointed.
Excellent food, excellent service, excellent value.

2  Thank ggj90