“mould in shower”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boxworth
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“mould in shower”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

i stayed to half my journey but wish i hadnt . i moved fridge and it was stuck to wall with fluff n cobwebs. handwash covered in mould. wardrobe wouldnt shut. shower was so bad i couldnt go in it. is in services but no security to stop randomers walking into hotel corridors. not happy email going to head office with pics

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

arrived 8.00 booked in no lift to floors room very tired, beds very soft the cost £55.00 with no breakfast could have stayed at a better hotel just off the motorway for around £60.00 including breakfast

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DaysInnPeterborough, Manager at Ramada Cambridge, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay. I apologise that your experience was anything less than satisfying.
I am sorry that you found the bed provided for you to be too soft and that this did not make for an comfortable stay. We are always working to improve our hotel and the service we provide and have already renovated some of our bedrooms, which we will continue to do in the new year.
Should stairs present a problem for any of our guests we are happy to allocate rooms on the ground floor, this is not always possible on the day of arrival however but should any guests have any requirements for their stay with us and inform us in advance we will always try to accommodate them.
We do try to keep our rates competitive and with breakfast at £4.95 per person we feel that the rate, should you choose to have breakfast, would be of a similar rate to other hotels in the area.
Again, I apologise for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Travelers are raving about these Boxworth hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Booked a room only for one night, just for a sleep stopover on our way from the North to the South. The rate was rather good, there is plenty of free parking, and the free wi-fi worked fine, at least at our ground-level room. We did not expect luxury from a Days Inn, but this particular hotel was a very pleasant surprise. The room was large and comfortable, same for the bathroom, basic amenities were provided free of charge, and we had a quiet night's sleep. The only unpleasant thing was a stale hallway odor, but it did not affect the room. It was my first stay at a Days Inn in the UK and I will not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Decor getting a bit tired and it is false advertising to say it has WiFi - virtually impossible to connect to the internet , probably slower than the old dial-up days, not helped that you can not get a 3G connection in this area and the hotel can not phoning. If you want to cut off yourself from the outside world this is the place for you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
St. Helier, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

stayed here recently for 8 nights great value and very helpful and friendly helpful staff. no complaints whatsoever. would use hotel again and would have no problem recommending this establishment.great base to explore the surrounding countryside and cambridge city itself. the food establishments attached to the hotel are a nice bonus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Redditch
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Had a one night stay, opted for superior upgrade at £59. Welcoming reception area and staff very friendly. Nice room with fantastic queen size bed which I could have taken home with me. Everything you needed was in the room which was quite cosy in decor. My wife and I would definitely stay there again. Good value for money and situated right next to food outlets and WH Smith. Thought it might be noisy from road noise (A14) but double glazing completely blocked it out.

Room Tip: The bed size was well worth the extra £10 for an upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have stayed at this particular Days Inn on a number of occasions as I still find it tremendous value for money especially when I book it through Lowcost Holidays (otherwise - if you book direct it is a tad high on occasions). I also like it but more importantly - so does my 4year old son who despite staying with me at a number of, shall we say, higher ended places, still talks about and wants to go back here. Nothing much has changed (on saying that there is a more fresher smell about the place) only the breakfast arrangements that weren't fully explained or I simply didn't 'get it'. Now - you have to choose what you want the night before and go for it the next morning at reception (I was expecting a tap on the door with somebody bringing it - now that would be a nice touch) and eat it in your room. Mainly (well only) continental - I didn't even mind that the main reason being, I am always on a diet so cereal does me just fine but if you like your fry-ups and decent coffee and tea in a morning etc I guess that you have to go next door and buy your own which I can see being aggravating and I am not sure if they still contribute towards the cost if you turn theirs down. Apart from that - I still like it, it is convenient and the staff are more than friendly. Good facilities next door and like I always say - go for a long weekend - visiting/sightseeing etc- working arrangements cheap and cheerful but I can see the breakfast arrangements kaiboshing that market - stay any longer - I wouldn't personally unless you are really on a budget and accept what it does on the tin. Enjoy and best wishes if you have taken the time to read this.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boxworth
The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel
Hallmark Hotel Cambridge
Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
#4 of 9 in Huntingdon
Premier Inn Cambridge (A14, J32) Hotel
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge

Been to Ramada Cambridge? Share your experiences!