Ramada Cambridge
Golden Lion(St Ives)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Felix(Cambridge)
View Hotel
All reviewsservice areamotorway servicesroom was cleanbudget hotelfree wifipapworth hospitalpark and ridebiscuitsflat screen tvtea and coffee making facilitiesthe ground floorcambridgewashbasinstopoverhairdryerduxford
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed for one night whilst visiting IWM at RAF Duxford.
It is ideally situated for Cambridge too.

Staff were very helpful, and the room was good - although a fridge and faster internet would have helped. Feedback from the hotel has suggested that they will look into this.

It is cheaper to book online through, for example, Alpharooms.com.
I would also suggest eating at the pub in the village down the road, as the fare at the services, where the hotel is, was bog standard Kentucky fried chicken etc.

Would I stay there again - yes!

Paul.

Room Tip: Windows open fully - beware of this on the ground floor to avoid theft.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I would firstly like to say when Days Inn get it wrong they know how to put it right! So I would surely stay at Days Inn again just never this location.

I stayed here on 30th June as I was attending a wedding and as Cambridge was full up this was the only place I could get for under £100.

I booked and double bed Executive Room for £73 thought it was a bargin I was not expecting the Holiday Inn or Hilton but just a clean and comfortable room like a Ramada or like advertised on the Days Inn website.

Well what I got was a make shift double bed - two twin beds put together with a double sheet put over which ended creating a ridge and neither I or my girlfriend had a good night sleep. I would not have minded if given a proper zip bed but this was crazy. This was far from the good night sleep promise

Next morning we went in to the shower and what we found would probably have a cure for cancer! Mouldy shower, ceiling and soap dispenser it was just awful oh! Not forgetting the body fat. So yet an other promise broken, this was simply far from a clean room.

I then needed to Iron my shirt and asked for an iron and board to be told I had to collect it from reception which I understand is their standard but at this point I was not ready to have it so the guy at reception kindly offered to bring it to my room. Well at this point at realised the hotel manager needed to check the standards of this hotel as I also received a broken ironing board so! Well I just needed to check out of this hotel as it was upsetting me by the hour.

I wrote to days inn and the head office in the USA refunded me but first offered me 20% and when I voiced my concern with photos and gave then UK HSE regulations I had my money refunded.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you can!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
DaysInnPeterborough, Manager at Ramada Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time provide us with feedback regarding your stay. I apologise that your stay with us was not an enjoyable one.

I am very disappointed to hear of the standard of room provided for you and that the cleanliness of the room and particularly the bathroom was not of a standard we would hope to be offering our guests. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and this matter has been raised with our Housekeeping Team , thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. Again, I apologise for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We booked this hotel last minute (literally a week before) and found it be very good. My husband and my 16 year old daughter, together with our small dog, wanted to spend a few days in Cambridge. For a very reasonable price, we enjoyed two nights at the Days Inn, Cambridge. It is so easy to find at junction 28 of the A14.

The room was very roomy with a double bed and a single bed. The furnishings and decor were clean and tasteful. The curtains had very thick blackout blinds which didn't let in any light. The bathroom was adequate with a shower and toilet. The washbasin was in a separate alcove in the main room, which was actually conveniently situated for those waiting to use the loo. The shower was a bit tired, but it was adequate for our needs. It even had a small shelf you could sit on, which was very helpful for my daughter, who was able to wash her hair whilst sitting down - she is disabled and has trouble standing.

We arrived on one of the hottest days this summer, and the room was sweltering. Thankfully, we had air conditioning and the main window could be opened really wide. A bit dangerous if you have young children or pets though as they could easily fall out (but there is a warning that the window isn't restrained). We took our own fan, which was much needed. Not sure if you could hire one at reception. They do, however, provide bath mats (again we took our own),TV, trouser press, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, extra pillows and bedding, ample towels. Next door was a service station where you could purchase Kentucky Fried Chicken, McDonalds, and an LP4 which served hot meals like lasagne and jacket potatoes.

We were located on the second floor and it was very quiet - considering it was a service stop. On the whole, we loved our room and were very comfortable. Our dog was also very relaxed during the stay. I would highly recommend this hotel for those wishing to visit Cambridge which is about 6 miles away.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here for one night attending a wedding in the local area. All you really need for a short stay, the hotel and rooms are clean, staff are helpful and the location and parking is good. One major problem though with our stay, the air conditioning wasn't working in our room and it was the hottest day of the year. I had very an uncomfortable night's sleep as it was baking in the room all night. Complained when we checked out and received apologies and a complementary breakfast next door which was reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

After spending a day at newmarket races we headed to the hotel a little unsure what it would actually be like as Days were a new chain of hotels we haven't heard of .
What a pleasant surprise, the room was very big,clean and the bed was comfortable.
The reception staff was also very helpful,, we asked about a local pub that servered food and we were directed to a pub a mile away in Boxworth called The Golden Ball, the food was great (try it !)
I would recommend Days to all if you are looking for a low cost option with high standards.

• Stayed: August 2012