“Excellent food and great service”
Review of Shefford Tandoori

Shefford Tandoori
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Shefford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Shefford Tandoori has been one of the most popular restaurants in the whole of the Bedfordshire County. The restaurant has an excellent reputation to the people since its establishment in 1987. Since the beginning, Shefford Tandoori has been running under the same management and chef and has always been providing exquisite food to its patrons.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Having lived in the area for several years I'd never actually tried shefford tandoori. I have always used another local Restaurant which was very good quality.

On my recent visit with my wife on a quiet Sunday I would most certainly visit again and get my future takeaway from there.

The service was fantastic, with the waiter/owner happy to chat and recommend a dish. As it was a sunday evening it wasnt very busy but we felt relaxed, welcomed and comfortable.
The food was excellent - full of flavor, fresh, not greasy and good quality lean lamb in the main.

I will most certainly return and be getting any future takeaways from hear.

Thanks

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We went here for our first time and meal from here. The staff were friendly soon as you walked in the door. They showed us to our table, the restaurant was clean and smelled good in here. The service was good, always making sure you was ok, with drinks and the food was fine. The starters and popadoms and chutney's were great, very lovely lovely onoin bhaji's. The mains and rice were good, the chicken Phal was really really HOT, eyes watery??? But nice. The portion of the food was good, enough to have and very filling. The desserts was nice the rocky, and the mint bomb. Very different dessert, just abit pricey, but they are different desserts. Overall we would go back again for a indian and worth travelling to go here.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I had a meal here in November and thoroughly enjoyed it. The place is clean, tidy and the food was great. The staff were very plesant and it made for a great evening. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The service was generally OK but one of the waiters was a bit on the grumpy side and instead of placing the new cutlery by each person, he just stood in one spot and handed it out to us.
Our starters were uniformly red and wishy-washy. Puris all round. Oily and tasteless.
Our main dishes consisting of 2 different biryanis, a madras, a dhansak and a jalfrezi were again all bright red and virtually indistinguishable. My bindi side dish was awash with oil.
As for the next day, I have not had a curry bite this hard or for so long in decades.
I came here for the first time about 15 years ago and I now remember why I never came back.
Possibly the least enjoyable curry I've had in years.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

A great atmosphere as soon as you enter, warm and friendly. nice decor, tables well laid out.
Menu is extensive, and staff happy to explain dishes. Food was fantastic, and a reasonable price, not the cheapest, but have eaten much worse food at more expensive places.
Al in all a fantastic curry house.