“Excellent New Management!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shefford
The White Hart Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Shefford B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent New Management!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I received a very warm welcome when I arrived from the lovely couple, Hazel and Martin who had only taken over the hotel 2 weeks previously.
My room was large, clean and comfortable.
I had my evening meal which was delicious and prepared by Martin who is a trained chef. The pub was busy in the evening with a lovely atmosphere.
I slept soundly and enjoyed a hot breakfast before I continued my journey. I will certainly be stopping again when I am next in the area

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cornwall UK
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I don't even know where to begin.
The room clearly hadn't seen a hoover or duster before we arrived, and could have done with both along with a bottle of bleach! There were 3 of us staying in a family room (double + single) but only 2 cups provided. The toilet for our room was outside in the main hallway which was fine, except there was no bin in the loo, and again it hadn't seen a hoover, duster or bleach in a while. The rail in the cupboard that was supposed to be our wardrobe was on the floor with no way of putting it back up. The evening shower went between scorching hot and freezing cold, and the showers the following morning were stone cold. We woke to a room the temperature of a sauna absolutely stinking of cigarette smoke- disgusting. Out in the hall way it also smelt of smoke. We decided we couldn't stay for breakfast so left just after 9am.. there was no one around in the pub below except tables full of the previous nights empty glasses and an ash tray full of used cigarette butts (yes inside the bar). We put the room keys on the bar and left... Never again...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank nolivey

Travelers are raving about these Shefford hotels

Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Visited for 3 nights. Price was fair, location good. However the room was very dated with badly fitting carpets. The bedside light wasn't working (bulb broken and socket hanging dangerously off the wall). No shower was available. No key to the outside doors was provided, only a room key. All doors were locked and nobody was available. It took over an hour to exit the building.
When I called to register a complaint I wasn't given a satisfactory answer but given various excuses and just robbed off. I was even called a liar! Customer service????
Wouldn't use again even if free.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Nobbywb
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night and found it ideal with the staff being friendly and accommodating. Our room was quite spacious with the En suite being the largest I have ever come across. Despite having a pub downstairs there was no undue noise. We also ate an evening meal in the bar area that was set up for eating. Good pub grub at very reasonable rates. The only thing I would say is do not sit next to the cellar door as I did find the coming and going right behind me, as I was eating, a touch of a nuisance. The acid test is would I stay there again and the answer is certainly. They do have a car park at the rear although it's entrance is a little further along the road.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bilp42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shefford
Premier Inn Hitchin Town Centre Hotel
#2 of 4 in Baldock
The Crown
The Crown
#1 of 3 in Henlow

Been to The White Hart Hotel? Share your experiences!