“wonderful staff, no investment by owners”

and 1 more site!
Beadlow Manor Golf Club Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Shefford B&B and Inns
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“wonderful staff, no investment by owners”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I turned up just before 9 midweek - the kitchen was shut however the young staff sorted me out with ham sandwiches and were incredibly helpful - if only every hotel had staff like this.

The room was spotless, absolutely silent (well the place is out in the middle of nowhere). But there is some serious under investment by the owners: the ceiling was really badly stained with big gaps in the papering (if this is a used room for paying guests - god knows what the un-used rooms are like) and the view from the window over the un-maintained 'garden' was dismal. To be honest next time I'll pay £5 more and stay in a Mac-Travelodge.

But for all that, its ok if all you want is an inexpensive clean bed and a quiet nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I thought I'd give Beadlow Manor a second chance after a disappointing stay last year. I was pleasantly surprised by the marked improvement. The golf course has really been improved and has been well looked after and the changing facilities have been completely upgraded.
The hotel itself has also been improved and offers comfort and great value for money. The staff were all friendly and helpful and I even noticed that the bed linen seemed crisper and cleaner.
The breakfast was very good and served with a smile.
All in all a great place for a golf break or just a couple of days away exploring the local area.
I'll be back

Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have played here several times, including playing all 36 holes with breakfast and lunch and each time I have really enjoyed the day. The staff are very friendly, the food is very good and two courses are challenging and well maintained.

Would thoroughly recommend Beadlow Manor for an enjoyable round of golf.

1 Thank Rob D
Flitwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went there for my friends 21st birthday party it was in a good locationf rom the moment we walked in the staff were very attentive and welcoming and very smiley and happy the manager Nassir, i would highly recommend this for partys, wedding receptions etc the rooms are clean and well equipped with everything you need. i would deffinatly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very pleasant day all round despite a heavy shower. Easily organised. The Baroness course played well and we had a simple but hearty meal afterwards. Friendly staff and helpful service, general manager Nazir was cheerfully attentive.

My only criticism is that the flower beds around the clubhouse need attention - hiring a gardener for a day would be all that's needed to put it right.

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night at the end of August. From the outside the golf club looks quite nice but the hotel (separate building) looks tired and could do with sprucing up.

The hotel reception is in the golf shop, the hotel building itself was unmanned when we stayed. We had requested early check in but this seemed to have been forgotten however was quickly sorted out.

We did wonder from the outside what our room was going to be like but were pleasantly surprised the room was clean, spacious and the decor looked quite recently done.

There was a party on the night we stayed and there was some noise as a result.

We had some breakfast but wouldn't recommend that, the food was okay but expensive for cereal and toast! We had to ask for clean bowls as the ones laid out were dirty.

Overall for somewhere to sleep it was fine. Staff were quite pleasant and the room was comfy. We thought it pricy for what we got and we would give breakfast a miss.

• Stayed August 2013
Rochford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The outside of the hotel looks rather shabby but the room was clean and equipped with Sky TV, hair dryer, coffee/tea facilities and a lovely powerful hot shower. Although a single traveller I was given a double room, the bed was very comfy and the room was again cleaned after the first night and a fresh bath towel given. Breakfast was great with a huge mug of hot coffee which I took at my leisure overlooking lovely scenery. Staff were very friendly; all in all a very restful 2 days. I would be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: Some other traveller has rated 217 saying don't stay there but this was my room and was fine!