Meriton Suites North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$83
  • Pool
North Sydney Harbourview Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$224
$95
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Harbourside Apartments(McMahons Point)(Great Value!)
$138
$124
$184
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Vibe Hotel North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$108
$98
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

Carnarvon Lodge(Kirribilli)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsshared bathroomglenferrie lodgecircular quayno liftbreakfast was excellenttrain stationmin walklovely gardenshared facilitiesmilson's pointopera housemobility issuestop floorluna parksingle roomperfect locationclose proximity
Reviewed June 26, 2015

Just one ferry stop from the Quay at Kirribilli, a short 10 minute walk to the Kirribilli shopping centre and a further 10 minutes to Milson's Point. My friends and I found this well appointed home away from home to be great value for money. We had single or twin rooms and shared the unisex bathroom at the end of the hall. We had a full and lovely breakfast usually outside in a most delightful and well furnished garden. We also enjoyed our own happy hour and dinner on a balmy evening out there too. There was a computer with free wifi on the landing on 2nd floor. There is no lift in this 3 story building with harbour views from the top floor balcony but Asher was kind enough to carry luggage up. The staff, Asher and Vijay went out of their way to oblige - nothing was a bother for them to make our stay more like 5 star at budget prices. The rooms are not large, some windows face the garden, others the street and others the neighbours next door but all fresh, clean & well appointed. We love Sydney and are planning to return again this year. I've advised friends who live in Sydney to recommend Glenferrie Lodge to their friends who are visiting Sydney.

Room Tip: Better neighbourhood, 4 doors from Kirribilli House, quiet location but close enough to everything
  • Stayed: November 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maturegirl3199
Reviewed June 21, 2015 via mobile

We arrived very late and owner more than happy to wait for us (11pm) so impressed Glenferrie lodge completely renovated but still plenty of old heritage and location excellent.We had a room with ensuite for a minimal cost and room nicer than most 5 star hotels! Definitely will be back and haven't even had breakfast but looking forward to it.KathyJ

Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank KathyJkns
Jean-Claude B, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2015

Dear Kathy,
I hope our breakfast lived up to your expectations. We do try to ensure all our guests are happy and I'm glad we were able to wait up for you at 11pm. We do have staff onsite 24 hours. to ensure we always have someone ready to help.

However your comments about giving all the major hotels something to live up to really is too kind. we do try our hardest and I've already printed out your review to show all the staff. Thank you very kindly and we sincerely hope that you come back to visit us again

Reviewed June 21, 2015

Lovely stay in a budget room. Bathrooms were plentiful and clean but a tad cramped in some of them. The room was cozy. Breakfast was delicuous- both hot and cold options. Eggs, cereal, toast, fruit, sausages... to name a few things. Kiribilli is a 25 minute walk over the Harbour Bridge from the central business district. The train station, Milsons Point, is a 10 minute walk from the lodge. There are a number of restaurants in Kiribilli- thai, fish and chips, sushi, pub, cafes. Lovely walking along the north Shore and looking at the Sydney Opera house.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled solo

Dear Brenda,
A sincere thank you for your lovely review. It's nice to know you enjoyed your time at Glenferrie and did the lovely walk across the bridge. Our single rooms are small, however I think they are good value as you noted they include our excellent breakfast.

Again thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to returning to Glenferrie in the near future.

Reviewed June 20, 2015 via mobile

Glenferrie Lodge is as advertised - three Stars. However without question full of charm and character!! The floors all squeak under foot and there are plenty of scuff marks and signs of the age (or more kindly the heritage) of this large but cosy lodge. My room was comfortable if not a tad 'compact' but possessed all I needed and more. Nice big flat screen TV, a little bar fridge, good storage, a safe, a nice comfy bed, a room heater, ceiling fan and the bonus of a sheltered balcony complete with a table and chairs!!! I had a bit of fun with the well maintained 'shared' bathroom and showers. It reminded me of camping out having to leave my room to attend to my ablutions, but I toyed with the fantasy to invite any 'good sort' fellow guest I might happen to encounter to 'share' my shower with me but it was not to be. All was above board, well set up with locked doors and privacy. The location of the lodge is brilliant offering a unique insight experience of what life here as a local might be like with easy access to many of Sydney's best views and attractions!!!! Loved the free WiFi and the casual non intrusive atmosphere created by the helpful staff. I have no hesitation recommending Glenferrie Lodge as value for money in such a exclusive suburb of Sydney.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled on business

Dear DandAMcMahon,
Thank you sincerely for your great review. Yes The PM does live just down the road. as well as the Governor General. So Glenferrie is in quite the company. I'm glad the shared bathrooms were not too strange for you. We do have Ensuite's as well however most of our rooms are shared facilities. I also wanted to say thank you for your recommendation. We do try to be a great little budget hotel and I think in your case we have achieved our goals

Reviewed June 14, 2015

I Cannock better that subscribe to all the positive comments about the Glenferrie Lodge. Yer, it IS great, an excellent value for money, fantastically located etc... I especially liked the accessibility by the ferry just from the Opera Hause (Circular Quai), it takes less than 5 minutes. You wish it were longer! The staff is so welcoming and helpful. The breakfast is very good. The lodge clean and quiet. The surroundings really exclusive. Just one thing: people, if you see the sign "turn off the light after using" in the bathroom, please turn off the light when you leave the bathroom. It goes together with a ventilator which otherwise keeps making noise AND, well, why wasting energy?

Room Tip: The rooms next to the bathrooms may be a bit noisy, it all depends on the guests!
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled solo