“Lovely hotel in a nice quiet location”
Review of Hotel L'Ermita

Hotel L'Ermita
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Meritxell
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We spent one relaxed night here on our way to Gavarnie, France. It's in a quiet location and close to walking tracks for some alpine wandering. The staff were great, really friendly and helpful. The manager gave us a number of tips on restaurants to visit in a Spain for authentic food, he even called his wife up on the phone to double check the name of one! We ate in the restaurant and the food was very good. I highly recommend this hotel for a quiet retreat after the shopping frenzy of most of locations in Andorra.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel L'Ermita

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at L'Ermita in February 3rd-10th while we were on a skiing holiday. We found the room (303) to be comfortable, nice, warm, spacious, clean, good views and quiet. There was a loft area inside the room with a ladder up to a second bed which was very useful as we put all our skiing bags up there giving us more space. The restaurant was very pleasant, the service was excellent and extremely quick and efficient (as soon as we finished the one course our next course was ready and waiting). The staff were incredibly friendly and so helpful. There are not many rooms so this made our visit quiet and meal times were not very busy.
On the last day my boyfriend became ill and we found out it was campylobactor food poisoning (probably from chicken). We are not certain it was from this hotel as we ate out in the afternoons, but he did have chicken the night before.
Apart from this the hotel was amazing. We rented a car as it is not located by a ski lift however it is a 5 minute drive to the nearest lift and and 15-20 minute drive to El Tarter where there is free car parking. The car parking was also free at the hotel.
We did not use the sauna room as you have to pay extra for it. (€6.50 for 90 minutes, which had to all be used at once)
Breakfast was basic however the fresh baguette and croissants were delicious! the owner was very kind and prepared a breakfast pack for us as we were leaving very early on the last day.
The road up to the hotel was a bit difficult on the days of heavy snow so i would defiantly recommend investing in snow shoes or chains!
This was our first holiday together and this hotel made it really special. We would definitely recommend it and we would definitely go there again!

Room Tip: We were in room 303 but I think all the rooms would be the same.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nonnyt
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Fab little hotel, exceptionally clean and comfortable with well decorated and equipped rooms. Food and service in the restaurant was very good. Staff were so welcoming and happy to help with everything we asked. Sauna, gym and games room an added bonus. Very quiet little village only a few minutes away from main slopes by car so very peaceful at night. Loads of parking. Great value for money - we booked based on the reviews and were not disappointed. We will definitely return. NP and RP

Room Tip: We were on top floor but efficient lift so no problem.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful experience when spending the Christmas of 2012 in that hotel. We look for a quiet place to stay but not far from Andorra La Vella and that was a perfect choice.
The owner Mr. Jean Philippe is very kind and made our stay even nicer.
The restaurant has a good list of options and the food is great. Thank you, Chef!
For sure we recommend that hotel and we hope to be back there in a near future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed for a 6 night skiing holiday in a last minute change of plans and found this hotel using trip advisor, and so glad I did.

The staff were wonderful and helped me plan various aspects of my trip as well as always greeting me with a smile when I came back from the snow. The staff spoke English well and there was no language difficulties. I booked with half board which allowed me to enjoy a variety of meals, breakfast was a continental buffer breakfast always served with a half baguette and croissant. Dinner is a 3 course affair with 3 choices in each course... Every serve was delicious.

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. One tip pushing the yellow button on the tv remote lets you change some tv shows into English.

The hotel was located a few bus stops or a 20minute walk from the canillo ski area. I just walked which wasn't an issue and allowed me to take some nice pictures.

Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Fantastic little hotel, close to Encamp and la Vella. Great service, very comfortable room. Parking is free which elsewhere runs 15-20€ per day - so if you have a car this is ideal.

No A/C in our room, so during August this might be a little uncomfortable, depending on the weather.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank celeduc
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel is warm, welcoming, charming, with the kind of local character I find so appealing. My room was in such good condition I thought it was new. The owners are right there on site. ( I complimented the condition of the room, asking if it had just been remodeled, and was told a few years ago.) They and their employees are friendly and give wonderful service. They had lots of information on many activities in the area. Restaurant was excellent. Location is convenient, but off the main road and very quiet. We appreciated the free parking. We were there 2 nights...wish we could have stayed longer. Don't overlook the sanctuary across the street. I found the modern design to be very interesting, and the remnants/museum of the original that burned to be very touching.

Room Tip: If a view from your room is important, ask for it. Our room was on the first floor, street side, so...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meritxell
Hotel Segle XX
Abba Xalet Suites Hotel
NH Hesperia Andorra la Vella
NH Hesperia Andorra la Vella
#2 of 35 in Andorra la Vella

Been to Hotel L'Ermita? Share your experiences!