Euroski Mountain Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Bruxelles(Soldeu)(Great Value!)
$40
$39
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Sport Hotel(Soldeu)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssteam roomski shopski holidayel tarterthe busbaconplenty of choicebar areaski gearsaladhalf boardbooked this hotelmini busesdays skiingbreakfast and dinnermin walkpool and sauna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2014

we have just got back from a weeks half term skiing with a family group of 11. Having read all the reviews we were aiming low with our expectations for the rooms and food, however we were greatly surprised and impressed with what turned out to be a great hotel.
The staff were all very pleasant and friendly, the rooms were spacious, especially the bathroom and clean and food was good.
Breakfast had eggs, bacon, cold meats and cheese, cereals, bread, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt
Evening meal was a choice of pasta & sauce, salads, soup, 5x hot meat choices and some sort of potatoes,veg,chips. plus pudding of cake, fresh fruit, yoghurt jelly to name a few
the free minibus x2 to the slopes was fine and ran on a continuos circuit between the hotel and lift so never waited more than 5 mins however the return journey on the first few days was horrendous at 4.30 ish with queues that took approx 30 mis. by wednesday though this was about 5 mins (not sure why)
the skiing area was fantastic and so was the ski school in el tarter
the rooms were not as hot as some have said
not all of our party were skiers and there was plenty for them to do from walking, to husky rides.
A great family holiday was had by all and we may even return next year.

Room Tip: we stayed in rooms 3-7 and they were on ground floor and very quiet as there was no passing hotel guest traffic.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa h
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Having read the reviews before we went I was worried that this hotel was going to be poor, however, we were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed our stay.

Whilst the presentation of the buffet reminded me of a school canteen the quality was great and there was plenty of choice even for 2 fussy teenagers! The pool was rarely full and although we felt a bit silly in the hats this is apparently standard in Andorra so probably unavoidable. The ski shuttle was excellent although it would have been good if it could have run throughout the evening as the hotel is a bit off the beaten track so not easy to get into town if you fancy a change of scenery.

All in all this hotel is good value for money, not the best hotel we have ever stayed in but clean, friendly and convenient - I would happily return

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Irene M
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have just arrived home after a week in this 'not to be repeated' hotel. We are four adults, all well travelled and never have any if us experienced anything like the euro ski hotel as an advertised 4 star hotel. We paid quite a substantial amount for half board and to say we have been disappointed is an understatement. It started on our arrival when a demand for our credit card was made at reception "In case you damage the room!!!!" When we told them we didn't have our card with us they then demanded 150 euros cash per room. I refused to pay and felt totally insulted that 4 professional adults should be felt to feel like potential vandals! We were told that every hotel worldwide takes deposits for insurance against damage .... Absolutely not true and a later conversation with the Neilson rep confirmed that we shouldn't have been asked for it. We were then made to wait two hours for our rooms to be ready and all this after a night of travelling and no sleep. It was pandemonium in the reception are when our coach of holiday makers were trying to check in. Again the rep had to try to sort things out and she confirmed that the staff wanted all guests to wait until ALL rooms were ready. There were some very tired children amongst the quests and this was totally unreasonable. We arrived at the hotel at 12.45 and were waiting in some cases until almost 4pm for our rooms. The food was ...... Well at best it was lukewarm, and unless you liked salad and chips there wasn't a great deal of choice from one night to the next. It got even worse when a school party checked in. It was nothing short of a rugby scrum every night ensuring that even the lukewarm chips ran out within 3 minutes. Breakfast was also lukewarm to cold and the coffee machines were useless, always running out or breaking down. To be honest, if this is 4 star dining then mcdonalds is luxury dining. The pool was ok but we were made to purchase and wear caps even in the jacuzzi and yet there was a Spanish lady with long hair swimming without a cap, when this was pointed out the response was a shrug of the shoulders. Overall we found the reception staff aggressive and uninterested. On a plus .... The snow and resort were brilliant and the skiing enjoyable. The shuttle bus and drivers were excellent. To summarise .... We will never ever stay at this hotel again and feel that we paid way too much for what we got. I am writing a formal complain to Neilsons with many more complaints in addition to those listed. If you are considering staying here please make sure there isn't a school party booked in!!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank A S
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed from Jan 19th for 1 week and had a wonderful time. The hotel and room were spotlessly clean. The room had a thermostat to control temperature so it was very comfortable.
The food was not amazing but really OK and plenty of choice, you won't have any trouble finding something to your taste. The staff were polite ,efficient and most spoke English .The pool and spa area were free of charge, however we only visited once. It is perfect for families as it's very open, you can see the kids in the pool from the sauna. Maybe not so good for us oldies that just want to chill after a day on the slopes! The downside is they don't provide towels so we used the ones from our room.
The bus to the lift was amazingly efficient and the drivers were excellent, we never had to wait. So nice not having to walk anywhere!
As a last point the walk into El Tartar takes about 15 minutes, there is no foot path but the drivers seem very considerate. The supermarket there is worth a visit as it sells just about everything!!!
We would definitely go back to this hotel and the icing on the cake is the skiing was superb.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Got back from Andorra yesterday morning and already missing the slopes. We stayed in the Euro Esqui and had a great time. I can see why some may not have liked it; people often hold high standards that far exceed the price they pay. Of course, everyone's experiences will differ but there were 6 of us and we weren't disappointed.

Firstly, on the downside, the food was a bit hit and miss. It's a buffet with plenty of choice, and on the last night it was delicious but most of the time it was average. That said, I'm a seriously fussy eater and there was plenty to keep me from slipping into a hypo-glycaemic hunger rage. The wi-fi in the public areas was pretty rubbish. The router was obviously over loaded as it only really kicked in properly while I was waiting for the coach to the airport at 4am on the last morning when most other guests were sleeping. Also, I quite fancied a swim one evening but they have a rule whereby you have to wear a stupid swimming cap, though apparently this is fairly common. It did mean I didn't get to use the pool though as I refused to pay 3 Euros for something that makes me look stupid and that I have no intention of wearing ever again.

That was pretty much it for my gripes.

The complimentary shuttle bus from the hotel to the nearby El Tarter gondola was fantastic. The lockers were big enough for 2 snowboards or 2 sets of skis as well as 2 pairs or boots. There is a small ski shop actually in the hotel so I was able to drop my board off for a quick service as soon as I arrived so I didn't have to go out looking for somewhere. It was reasonably priced and my board was ready to pick up in the morning before jumping on the shuttle bus. My friends also hired all their kit from there, it was incredibly convenient.

Rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. The bathrooms were lovely. Shower was pretty powerful and hot. Nice towels and complimentary soap, bubble bath and shower gel etc. Plenty of wardrobe space and a window that opens properly. The maids did a good job every day, they even folded my pyjamas. I forgot to leave them a tip.

Location wise it's nice and quite but a little bit in the middle of nowhere, between Soldeu itself and the El Tarter gondola, so it depends whether you want easy access to bars and restaurants. The road down to the gondola is treacherous so, although technically walkable, I'd advise you wait for the shuttle.

Soldeu is maybe a 15 - 20 minute walk up what our rep dubbed 'cardiac hill', or a short 1.80 Euro bus ride from the stop outside the hotel next-door. It doesn't take too long to walk back down though.

The reception staff speak very good English and were all very helpful.

In short I, and the rest of my party, really enjoyed staying at the Euro Esqui. It was excellent value for money and I wouldn't be averse to staying there again.

Room Tip: If you have a room high up then you're winning. We were on the first floor and the noise from the room above us kept us awake most nights, I had to go up and shout at them on one occasion.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends