Hotel Palarine
Priceline
$93
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewshappy hoursunday roasttex mexevery nightchinese nightrooms are basicchinese foodthe busopen fireski holidayla massanafancy dressowners and staffgreat hostschristmas dinnerboard gamessuperb food
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just returned home having spent a week skiing in Andorra. We stayed at the Palarine hotel, Erts which is nicely located for skiing in Arinsal. The hotel itself is maintained to a high standard with basic but very comfortable rooms that are kept spotlessly clean. We stayed half board and ate in the hotel restaurant which provides an excellent variety of evening meals as well as a super breakfast, all buffet style. The food is without doubt the best around. The staff were really attentive, friendly and informative. We decided to take a day to visit the capital and were waiting for a bus when the owner of the hotel drove past, having recognised his guests, he did a quick u-turn and enquired if we needed a lift, now that is service above and beyond. The hotel runs a well stocked bar and there was entertainment on a lot of evenings with fancy dress for new years eve...costumes provided! As our party was leaving at 4:30am on the day of our departure the restaurant opened early to provide us with breakfast before we left, again a really thoughtful thing to do. really cannot rate this place and it's staff highly enough. Exceptional.

Room Tip: A room to the rear of the hotel is probably best for a good nights sleep as all you should hear is the mountain stream behind the hotel, a front facing room may get some noise from the pub across the road, however we never found it too intrusive.
1  Thank Brian L
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Just spent a week here with the family and would highly recommend it! Excellent food with themed buffet every night (Chinese/Thai, Tex-Mex, Indian, Italian, Catalan, English Roast, International), great service, generous happy hour, informal and friendly atmosphere, great for kids and very good value for money. Easy and regular access to the slopes via the free ski bus.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Zahid T
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We've just returned after having spent a week over Christmas. We're a family of 2 adults and 2 boys age 11 &15.
It's hard not to repeat what everyone else has said but try quite rightly deserve their Tripadvisor certificate that's proudly displayed in reception.
We had a very warm welcome followed by an even warmer welcome by Graham the owner and Dave the barman. After partaking in a beer or two we were taken by Dave in the minibus upto the resort centre to sort out our ski stuff.
Arinsal is a small place with enough bars to keep you entertained for Après Ski. There is a free bus from outside the hotel to take you up and down. We always got the bus up at the beginning of the day and found it easier to hire a ski locker at the top of the Gondola to keep our stuff in, that way we could go for a drink and walk back to the hotel without having to lug all our gear. It's about a nice 15 minute walk down hill back to the hotel.
The room was huge for a quad room. Very well equipped, ladies you don't need to take your hair dryer, theirs are very good! Huge flat screen tv with English channels , loads of storage space and a huge bathroom. Very very clean and lovely and warm.
The breakfast is a combination of toast, cereals, croissants, ham, cheese and then hot items: bacon, sausage, beans & fried egg. I'm nit picking here , but the only criticism I would say is that it would have been nice to have scrambled or poached eggs every now and then or even grilled tomatoes. Also the ham & cheese was constantly having to be topped up as he only put out 6-8 slices each time. That aside the food is brilliant.
Dinner is buffet , with something to please everyone. The food changes nightly and they have a theme, Mexican, Italian, Indian, Chinese etc.
you will not go hungry, food is of an outstanding quality and probably some of the best food I've ever eaten. Everything is made fresh and the chefs are constantly checking it. Christmas dinner was out of this world! Nothing overlooked, the best I've had including my own- well done to you all.
All in all a very nice small hotel, everyone's friendly , it's very clean, warm, fab food and great bar with happy hour and a log fire! Yes , it's not in the centre of Arinsal, but give me this hotel over any other any time. The boys loved it, my youngest made great friends with Josh the owners son, many a battle done on the PS3 and iPads! Thank you for such a great holiday,we're already planning our next visit . If anime has any questions about anything I don't mind you messaging me .

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 29, 2013

just stayed here for one week and it was all good,everybody worked hard to deliver a great time for their guests.nice size rooms ,good breakfast,pleasant bar area,parking .the list goes on .we had Christmas dinner ,included in our room rate which was superb.
we went here on a recommendation of a friend and weren't dissapointed.we also ate al a carte chinese on two nights, delicious. we will be back !

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I can´t really say enough good words about tis place. We stumbled upon it last year and ate the food. And was blown away. I am a real foodie and very fussy, especially with asian food as I cook it a lot for groups. And would say I am probably in the top few percent knowledgable about asian cuisine. The food is excellent!!! Impossible to find better asian food in Barcelona (where I have been living for some years). The Szechuan dish is exceptional but everything is good from the peking duck to spring rolls to thai curry to teriyaki beef fillet to the dim sum. The majority is home made with love and care.

This time we stayed for 3 days and ate there every day and it was a real pleasure. Food exceptional, the bar cosy and inviting, nice atmosphere and very friendly staff. We felt like part of the family and Graham even took our son with his son and his friends to the cinema.

On our last day as it was a quiet midweek day b4 season fully started they made us all a full English breakfast with all the trimmings and asked us what time we wanted it.

English tv in the rooms and in bar...including Sky sports. Parties with many locals there appreciating a great place. This is such a great find. Book, stay, eat here, you will not be sorry. I recommend eating the a la cart menu rather than buffet as it is so good it would be criminal not to eat it...

Happy hour 5 til 6. I didn´t know and they came and told me I have an extra drink...

I love this place, the staff and the family. A 9.5 out of 10! Only missing full 10 as our room never got fully warm but it was the only room like this as it was the biggest family room. It made little difference.