“Cosy”

St Gothard Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Erts
“Cosy”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Hotel staff warm and friendly. However on check in Sunday afternoon it was like a stampede. Was given my room key with a faded number on it. I wandered into the bar and asked a fellow customer could they help me. Eventually found a chambermaid who directed me. The number was so faded on card i put it in wrong door. Quite embarrassing. I think the surprised couple understood. . .

1 Thank Annette M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Kidderminster
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

First time for me on the slopes and in a resort of this sort. My partner is more about aware of standards so this is my review.

Hotel: someone mentioned working mens social club. This is exactly what I said when we got there. I prayed our room was sound proof. Lucky it was, but not from the slamming doors in the middle of the night and the shower/toilet habits of the next door neighbours. Dont expect a good night sleep unless you have had a hard day on the slopes.

The rooms were impeccably clean however and I can't fault that.

Not much storage space for clothing and yes no where to dry your gloves.

Food: food was a running joke. Yorkshire puds and kebab meat??? But in all fairness all of it was tasty and I cant fault the staff at all. Every member of staff we met were fantastic and hard working.

Resort: not a lot going ob except in the irish bar but food was good in THE BULL AND EL MOLI.

All in all good hol but wouldnt go back to the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria3523
County Cork, Ireland
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Location: As mentioned before, it is a 15 minute walk from the centre. Most tour companies provide lockers at the top of the gondola to store equipment so best to avail of this to avoid carrying equipment every day. After skiing and a few apreski drinks, the walk home downhill was never an issue, and always got the bus across the road in the morning uphill to the gondola.

Bus: Every 20 minutes in the morning and evening, less frequent midday and didnt seem to run after 6pm.

I never used the internet or spa facilities there.

Rooms. We had one of the smaller rooms but was adequate. Also had a large enclosed balcony. Bathroom was spotless and shower always had hot water with good pressure. Rooms cleaned daily. Fresh towels etc. Bed was a double, firm and very comfortable. Never left large sums of money lying around but the little we did was never touched, only moved while they cleaned. Very warm room, but ventilation heating, so no radiator to dry gloves etc in the evenings.

Staff: All staff seemed good at what they did but had little need for much from them. When I asked for a portable radiator or somewhere to dry items in the evening, the girl I dealt with had little english. Basically, she couldnt really do anything so i dried boots with a hairdryer in the evenings and hung hangers from the heating ventilation to dry gloves.

Food: Best selection I have ever seen on a half board skiing holiday. Tasty and varied every night. Always had basics like cold meats, cheese, salads, fries, and breads, and hot food changed every evening. breakfast was hot and clod buffet, changing the type of sausages every 3 days and changing from fried eggs to scrambled. Also plenty of pastries, cereals, drinks to choose from. Liked the fresh oranges cut in half with an electric juicer.

Entertainment: Never partook in this. Bingo at 8pm, Quiz at 9pm, and other which I never seen at 10pm. Always seemed to be a reasonable crowd there enjoying it though.

I enjoyed the hotel and would go back there.

Room Tip: If you need to dry gloves etc, request one with a radiator. If you don't like noise, ask for a r...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nickysnuts
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Firstly I would like to say the the catering staff were very pleasant and accommodating even if the half board dinner was a bit of a lottery. I had an issue with my room and when I expressed this concern at reception the staff merely dismissed me and when I pressed my issue further they began to talk over me and joke between themselves about my issue to the point that I would call it bullying. New reception staff would greatly improve this hotel!

4 Thank Easilypleased13

Travelers are raving about these Erts hotels

belfast
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The hotel is quite nice. Rooms are nice and clean and it is a short walk to the gondola which takes you up to the ski resort. The food is unfortunately a poor standard consisting of random items, which are generally cold and containing cheap meat.

On our last day when we were out skiing, a small amount of money went missing from our room. We reported it to reception but all we got was a defensive, rude reaction telling us that there was no way a cleaner would have taken it. They then told us that if we wanted to take it up further, we would have to report it to the police ourself and that the andorran police would want us to go to the capital city to make the report. This would not be possible as we were to leave in a couple of hours for our flight. We then asked the manager to check the cleaning routa to see which cleaner had cleaned our room, but he refused.

in conclusion, we were having a good holiday until this happened, but now unfortunately cannot recommend this hotel to anyone. If you are considering this hotel, I would look elsewhere.

9 Thank happycustomer121
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I'd like to start my review of the ST Gothard, Andorra with a positive. My family stayed there for a week in Mid January on a half board basis and can honestly say that the food is great. A very good selection and we didn't have one bad meal. The staff were all pleasant and occommodating. Unfortunately, this is all the good points I can think of.
My wife and I booked a family room to sleep the two of us and our 4 year old twins. All that had been done was two "put me up" beds had been place in a normal size room. There was no space in the room and no extra cupboard space for clothes. Other than a single wardrobe with 6 hangers. We had to live out of a suitcase for the duration of our stay which really is a pain.
Our room was on the -1 floor, above the garage. The floor was freezing. It was like walking outside on the pavement. Although it was quite warm in the room, we tried to heat it up to counteract this but, the equipment didn't work.
On another occasion I had to call maintenance due to freezing cold water pouring from the ceiling in the bathroom.
The lift in the hotel is large enough for one person and a suitcase or two people, if you want to get to know them more intimately. It is so small. No auto front doors, which for a hotel billed as 4* is a bit poor, especially when struggling with your families suitcases.
Wifi is only available in the lobby. And the lobby is right next to the bar. So, if you want to get onto the internet or get emails, you have to endure the noise of the "woking mens social club" type of atmosphere. There is no escape from this if you want to use the internet and it can be a real pain having to endure Bingo (yes. Bingo) while wanting to relax in the lobby with a drink or a book or surf the net.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff C
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Had a wonderful time staying in the St Gothard. Rooms lovely and cosy, staff very friendly, cleaners were wonderful and bar and restaurant staff very attentive!

Amy and Danielle were absolutely wonderful. The hotel is far from the centre of town but having the girls there every evening meant we were more than happy to stay :) Two of the best entertainers iv seen, hope to see them somewhere again.

I would say that if you are looking for a hotel in the centre of town (for example, younger holiday makers) then this is not the hotel to go for as its a 15 minute up hill walk, which after a day of skiing is not fun!

Also, it would be nice if we were advised that there was vegetarian meals available as we spent the week eating veg and cheese not knowing that the option was there.

However I would defiantly go back as I loved my stay here and had a fantastic week! Thank you everyone!

• Stayed January 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erts
Hotel Spa Princesa Parc
Abba Xalet Suites Hotel
Hotel Spa Diana Parc
Hotel Spa Diana Parc
#3 of 12 in Arinsal

Been to St Gothard Hotel? Share your experiences!