This is absolutely one of the most beautiful locations I have EVER seen. You can follow me as a senior contributor and know this not a small feat. The staff and setting and rooms are unreal beautiful. But dont go here if you dont know what to expect. It is COLD here. I'm from Michigan, mind you. Muy frio! If you are a birder, this is a can't miss. The food is excellent. But, there is NO where else to go. Dinner is a set menu as is lunch. No comidas tipico. It is a looooong rugged drive, but worth it! Just know the showers wont stay warm long and they bring you a hot water bottle to warm your bed before bedtime. The short hiking trails are soooo beautiful and the trout ponds are very cool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the mystic Valley of San Gerardo de Dota, surrounded by a collage of green and blue colored mountains, multi-shaded flowers and impressive oak trees, Trogon Lodge is the ideal spot to enjoy the heart of nature, in a peaceful environment, quiet and magical. The Lodge features 22 standard rooms and one standard superior room, surrounded by beautiful gardens, the Savegre River and the mountains. The Lodge offers restaurant, bar, trout ponds, and free WIFI access in public areas. Activities include insite canopy tour, nature trails for guided and selfguided walks, horseback riding, and birdwatching trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Trogon Lodge San Gerardo de Dota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trogon Lodge San Gerardo De Dota Hotel San Gerardo De Dota
- Trogon Lodge San Gerardo De Dota Costa Rica