We were scheduled to spend only one night at the Trogon Lodge, but as soon as we drove in and saw it, even before we registered or saw our room, we decided one night would not be enough for us. Fortunately, they had a room available for two nights and we were able to change our itinerary. The place is the most beautiful spot imaginable- stunning flowers, birds, ponds, hiking trails along a river complete with waterfalls- it satisfies your soul. It would be very hard to feel stressed in this peaceful and beautiful setting. The staff members were very friendly, welcoming, and willing to do whatever they could to do to make you happy.My husband was not feeling well and didn't feel like eating much. I went over to the bar/lounge area and asked for a smoothie for him, and a staff person wanted to carry it up to our cabin for me. (Since there were lots of steps to our cabin this was very thoughtful, even though I declined the offer.)
This lodge manages to blend a rustic, nature-focused atmosphere with everything you could want to be comfortable. In the late afternoon staff brought around hot bottles for each quest to help people relax before dinner. This was especially appreciated when I had a few aches after spending a morning horseback riding (a great experience, though.) Another worthwhile venture was an early morning outing with Greivin, the manager, to see the famous quetzal. He was very patient and knowledgeable and after some looking we did get to see this magnificent bird, as well as many other species. Hummingbirds are everywhere at the Lodge- you could spend all day watching them.
The food was excellent and beautifully served, rooms were spotless, and beds very comfortable. We've been lucky to find these features in a number of places we've stayed, but none have matched the setting of the Trogan Lodge. It's a gem in a breathtaking location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the mystic Valley of San Gerardo de Dota, surrounded by a collage of green and blue colored mountains, multi-shaded flowers and impressive oak trees, Trogon Lodge is the ideal spot to enjoy the heart of nature, in a peaceful environment, quiet and magical. The Lodge features 22 standard rooms and one standard superior room, surrounded by beautiful gardens, the Savegre River and the mountains. The Lodge offers restaurant, bar, trout ponds, and free WIFI access in public areas. Activities include insite canopy tour, nature trails for guided and selfguided walks, horseback riding, and birdwatching trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Trogon Lodge San Gerardo de Dota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trogon Lodge San Gerardo De Dota Hotel San Gerardo De Dota
- Trogon Lodge San Gerardo De Dota Costa Rica