Some things just keep getting better. So it is with the Chacon Family's venture along the scenic Rio Savegre in the high country of the Cordillera de Talamanca. Over the past twelve years I have seen several stages of development at this mountain lodge known as the most reliable place in Costa Rica to see the well-named Resplendent Quetzal.
Each of these stages has surpassed earlier ones in quality without compromising the charm of the place. The newest rooms, Junior Suites, are commodious and architecturally appropriate for the mountain environment. Moreover, the lodge has added a new bar and comfortable conversation hall that would hold their own in upscale resorts anywhere in the world.
Most astonishing of all, however, is the new spa. Tastefully decorated in minimalist style, the spa's relaxing views coordinate with the work of the staff to accomplish the perfect accompanyment to the peak experiences available outside: a morning of outstanding birding on the resort's trails can be followed by a treatment for sore muscles in the spa. This year, a pair of quetzals was nesting within view of the spa!
The cuisine has always been good, and continues to improve. The resort's friendly service staff never fails to work hard to satisfy every visitor's needs.
A visit to Savegre Mountain Hotel, always a high point of my trips, now offers superior facilities and services in an enchanted cloud forest environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eighty-nine kilometers (55.3 miles) south of San Jose in a private natural reserve of 400 hectares and just 9 km. (5.5 miles) from Los Quetzales National Park, Hotel Savegre is the ideal starting point for exploring Costa Rica’s magnificent tropical cloud forest in all its beauty. Hotel Savegre’s services are the perfect complement for every nature lover seeking a memorable experience. We offer 41 rooms, bar and restaurant, day spa, conference room, laundry service, shuttle service, tours and related activities, as well as our beautiful gardens and impressive private reserve with its extensive network of trails. Our helpful and genuinely friendly staff are the hotel’s signature feature.The Chacon family, pioneers in the San Gerardo de Dota region have been operating the hotel since its inception and it has always been our utmost aim to provide top-quality service that goes hand in hand with the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savegre Hotel, Natural Reserve & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savegre Hotel, Natural Reserve And Spa
- Savegre Hotel, Natural Reserve Hotel San Gerardo De Dota
- Savegre Mountain Cartago
- Savegre Hotel, Natural Reserve & Spa Costa Rica/San Gerardo De Dota