Such a beautiful place! We have been in Costa Rica for 4 weeks and have been mainly on the Southern Pacific coast. It was a real treat to get up into the mountains and escape the heat and mugginess. Be prepared...it can get pretty chilly up here in the mornings and evenings (all night- the only heat is a wood burning fireplace so bring warm night clothes). Luckily we brought jeans and sweatshirts. This place is darling! So well thought out- they don't miss a detail. The rooms are spacious, beautiful and comfortable- and everything is oh so clean! The people who work here are all so nice and accommodating. The food was out of this world!! We had trout soup, pumpkin soup, a trout with shrimp entree that was my favorite meal in all of Costa Rica. Never had trout anywhere near this good. My husband had the steak with gorgonzola. The chef is outstanding and obviously gets how to flavor and cook perfectly! Saw lots of quetzals and many other birds in the mornings with a very helpful guide. Highly recommend this place!! My daughter spent hours watching the hummingbirds come right up to her- many different varieties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eighty-nine kilometers (55.3 miles) south of San Jose in a private natural reserve of 400 hectares and just 9 km. (5.5 miles) from Los Quetzales National Park, Hotel Savegre is the ideal starting point for exploring Costa Rica’s magnificent tropical cloud forest in all its beauty. Hotel Savegre’s services are the perfect complement for every nature lover seeking a memorable experience. We offer 41 rooms, bar and restaurant, day spa, conference room, laundry service, shuttle service, tours and related activities, as well as our beautiful gardens and impressive private reserve with its extensive network of trails. Our helpful and genuinely friendly staff are the hotel’s signature feature.The Chacon family, pioneers in the San Gerardo de Dota region have been operating the hotel since its inception and it has always been our utmost aim to provide top-quality service that goes hand in hand with the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Savegre Hotel, Natural Reserve & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savegre Hotel, Natural Reserve And Spa
- Savegre Hotel, Natural Reserve Hotel San Gerardo De Dota
- Savegre Mountain Cartago
- Savegre Hotel, Natural Reserve & Spa Costa Rica/San Gerardo De Dota