Spent 3 nights at Savegre Hotel and it was fantastic. The cabin/Lodge was beautiful and the surrounding grounds were magnificent. The food was good at all meals and the bar was great and had good prices. Watching the humming birds was fun fun fun. Walking the river was worth the entire trip. Do take a jacket; it gets chilly up there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eighty-nine kilometers (55.3 miles) south of San Jose in a private natural reserve of 400 hectares and just 9 km. (5.5 miles) from Los Quetzales National Park, Hotel Savegre is the ideal starting point for exploring Costa Rica’s magnificent tropical cloud forest in all its beauty. Hotel Savegre’s services are the perfect complement for every nature lover seeking a memorable experience. We offer 41 rooms, bar and restaurant, day spa, conference room, laundry service, shuttle service, tours and related activities, as well as our beautiful gardens and impressive private reserve with its extensive network of trails. Our helpful and genuinely friendly staff are the hotel’s signature feature.The Chacon family, pioneers in the San Gerardo de Dota region have been operating the hotel since its inception and it has always been our utmost aim to provide top-quality service that goes hand in hand with the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Savegre Hotel, Natural Reserve & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savegre Hotel, Natural Reserve Hotel San Gerardo De Dota
- Savegre Hotel, Natural Reserve And Spa
- Savegre Mountain Cartago
- Savegre Hotel, Natural Reserve & Spa Costa Rica/San Gerardo De Dota