“OMG what a Great Place to go”

Quetzal Valley Cabins
Columbus, Georgia
“OMG what a Great Place to go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

I have been to Quetzal Valley Cabins several times. It is so relaxing and peaceful. The view of sera de la muerte is great. So many wild birds to look at one of the best if not the best place to see the elusive Quetzal. You can pick blackberry's off the bushes when they are in season there is an abundance and they are so good fresh. They have a really beautiful stream/ river that is crystal clear and refreshing. You can go hiking on the mountain if you dare and enjoy some alone time in the wilderness.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

My wife and I visited the Quetzal Valley Cabins accidentally while traveling into San Gerardo de Dota to relax while attempting to sell our Uvita farm. We simply could not leave! In fact, we lived there for nearly three years from that day and I wrote my first book while living there, something I had been unable to do elsewhere. It is HEAVEN. Each time I left to go to town for supplies, I dreaded it and would race back home to our cozy cabin for the evening. Each breakfast was a treat as we ate fruit we bought from a traveling farmer and watched the spectacular aviary exhibition performed by the hundreds of birds representing dozens of species. I absolutely love it there. In fact, if my wife had not needed to return to the United States, I'd still be there. In other words, there is only one thing I love more than living in the Quetzal Valley Cabins, and that's being with my wife : ) By the way, the owners Peter and Paqui are beautiful too. It is my favorite place on Earth!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NickGancitano
San Jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I´ve been in the Quetzal Valley Cabins several times with my family and friends. These are well equipped and very comfortable and warm, made of pine wood, which makes the atmosphere pleasant to spend some days in the mountains. From them you can see nice views of the valley, as well as different kind of birds, including the Quetzal during the season. Particularly, we enjoyed seeing the sunrises and starry skies.

Room Tip: Cabins with valley view.