“a piece of heaven on Earth!”
Review of Suenos del Bosque

Suenos del Bosque
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had the opportunity and blessing of staying at this beautiful hotel with my girlfriend. I enjoyed every single moment. Outstanding customer service from each one of the employees! made us feel like home! it was hard to get there but it was definitely the right choice! we enjoyed the trip to the waterfalls and the great meals at the new restaurant!

thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jarayax

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed Suenos del Bosque on my College of Charleston study abroad trip to Costa Rica. The hotel was hard to get to but so worth it. We were greeted by a delicious meal and set off to explore the surrounding jungle. Our group took a little hike up to a beautiful waterfall right in the middle of the woods which was awesome. The cabins were very comfortable and fit right in with the surrounding environment. There was a river that ran alongside the cabins and a little pond with a rowboat on it. The area was very picturesque and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Brian K
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here for just 1 night with a group of 10 college students on a study abroad trip from SC, USA and it was one of our favorite stays!!! It is hidden seen in the mountains and surrounded by lush rainforest and running waterfalls. The food was fresh and plentiful and the freshly squeezed Cas juice definitely made an impression! The cabins are big compared to other places I've stayed around Costa Rica and the staff was helpful! We misplaced our room key very late at night and after a short walk to the main cabin, they were happy to help us out. They could benefit from hanging some lights along the walkways for nighttime venturing. At least from the cabins to the main cabin. But I guess the fact that they did not made the place seem more "real" for hiking purposes. Best part of Suenos del is the hiking trail up the mouton that it has to offer. Bring jeans, a sweatshirt, some feet mosquito repellant, and possibly a swimsuit if you're planning on hiking up to the waterfall!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This past summer I studied abroad with the College of Charleston and we stayed at Suenos del Bosque. We had so much fun there because we were able to go right outside of our rooms and enjoy the beauty of nature everywhere we turned. Then, we were able to take a trail to a waterfall onsite. It was so awesome! The people there are so nice as well. I recommend visiting Suenos del Bosque.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was one of my favorite experiences of Costa Rica. This place is tucked into the rain forest in the mountains. Absolutely beautiful. What's neat about this place is that despite being in the rain forest the climate is actually rather cool. Thus one should bring a sweatshirt. The staff was very friendly and the food was great. I don't really like fish but they served fresh caught trout that was quite delicious. They also serve some of the best juice you will every have. The juice was just so natural and pure and fresh. I really miss it. There are some trails that you can walk on that go into the rain forest and lead to a beautiful waterfall that you can wade in. I was able to get some pretty phenomenal photos just walking on the trail. The rooms are in these cabins which are very nice. Overall it was a great expereince

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was an amazing place to be. If you enjoy the nature and scenery of Costa Rica, this has to be the place to stay. The food was amazing, and the people were incredibly nice. The drive is intimidating, but it's worth the work. Suenos del Bosque has the freshest juices you will taste, incredible coffee, and freshly caught fish.

Room Tip: Get a cabin
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I hate to be a naysayer after the two latest five star reviews but there are a few issues I believe could make this place so much better.

For starters, the kitchen we had was not "fully" equipped by my definition. The cookware was extremely limited and in poor condition. The stove apparently had a short in the oven and burned out an element the day of our arrival and a new one the next day. We gave up trying to explain this to the owners/manager. Management does not provide any paper towels, napkins, basic seasonings so bring your own. Overall housekeeping was spotty at best, the kitchen was only so so clean, I washed the dishes prior to using them which required either filling a large pot with hot water from the shower or heating it up on the stove. Be prepared, there is no heat in the cabins with kitchens and it is quite chilly in San Gerardo at times. The lighting in the bathroom is so poor it is almost impossible to see (I kept trying to turn the light on only to discover it was on). One covered picnic area on the grounds had old mattress stored in it, this is not a pretty sight. My overall biggest complaint is no one on the premises speaks English, if you have a problem or need to ask a question you better know how to speak some Spanish. These cabins are in a lovely setting they could be wonderful place to stay if they had some basic TLC and there was a way to communicate with management.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RitaMae541
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Gerardo de Dota
Savegre Hotel, Natural Reserve & Spa
Savegre Hotel, Natural Reserve &...
#2 of 4 in San Gerardo de Dota
Hotel de Montana y Restaurante Suria
Hotel de Montana y Restaurante S...
#4 of 4 in San Gerardo de Dota
#3 of 4 in San Gerardo de Dota
Paraiso Quetzal Lodge
Paraiso Quetzal Lodge
#1 of 11 in San Gerardo de Dota

Been to Suenos del Bosque? Share your experiences!