“Great atmosphere”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We went to this restaurant earlier this year and had a most enjoyable meal. The service was very good and the food very very nice, on a fine day the setting is lovely and on a cold day dining inside is very cosy. Easy parking and access with both indoor and outdoor dining. Great wine list and seasonal menu. We couldn't fault this restaurant and will be revisiting it soon.

• Visited March 2014

Wellington, New Zealand
“Managed a group with style”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Our car club was seeking a mid-week luncheon venue following a "run through the countryside". Quarter Acre Cafe proved to be ideal with good off-street parking, atmosphere to burn and food and service that exceeded our expectations. Perhaps the biggest test was that of the twenty or so members in our party, all indicated that they would revisit with their partners, with many looking to travel from Wellington.

Our pre-planning had gone well with the proprietor only too pleased to meet our requirements - outdoor seating if the weather permitted (and it did), a wide selection of high quality food and service to match. It was so nice to see the enthusiasm of the proprietor reflected in the attitude of all his staff.

We will certainly look to the Quarter Acre Cafe as an excellent location for dinner on our return trips from up-country.

Whanganui, New Zealand
“A great place to stop for a bite on the way ...”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We called in for lunch as we were heading north and the place was rocking...lots of people coming and going but the tables were cleared smartly and we were offered a seat within minutes of arriving...well done QA! It was clean and tidy, the roses around the restaurant are a nice touch and the bathrooms were pristine and rose decked as well!
The wait-staff were very attentive and made sure we had water immediately upon sitting. They worked through the menu with us and our enquiries... and they knew their stuff.
The menu has many select choices and morsels and it was a big ask to choose just one thing - there were many I would like to have tried.
We enjoyed our varied selections, we ordered and they were delivered to the table within a short timeframe (which was great considering the numbers coming into the restaurant and ordering as well) They were fresh and tasty too.
There is plenty of parking and just being off the main road was very handy.
It was a good choice to stop there. We will be back for a repeat visit soon.

• Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Will be back again for sure!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I contacted QAC wanting to arrange a voucher for my grandparents, the difficulty being that I currently live in Melbourne. No trouble for these wonderful people who not only sent the voucher straight to my family, they also baked a diabetic dessert and arranged fresh flowers for my grandmother. To top it all off - they sung HAPPY BIRTHDAY (much to my Granddad's embarrassment) :)
I had trouble transferring money overseas and come the day of the booking- the QAC had still not received any money from me!! Now many businesses would cancel the booking, but Renee was on the phone reassuring me that they trusted they would get it eventually - SO WONDERFUL to know there are still people in the world who care for others!
Both grandparents loved their meal, loving every last bite.
I look forward to August, when I will be back in New Zealand and can visit QAC and thank the wonderful team for myself!
THANK-YOU!!

Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Great Atmoshere ,Food and Service”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We went to Quarter Acre Restaurant for Mothers Day and had a great experience.
Food was awesome , service was great very friendly staff and the atmoshere was fab,admitedly the weather was perfect to be able to eat outside and you could take a stroll to see the eels in the creek