Bassingers Motor Lodge
Greenmantle Estate(Paraparaumu)
The Villas(Palmerston North)
Golfview Motel(Paraparaumu)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstrain tracksthe ownerroom was cleanno complaintsfull kitchensky tvthe north endwill stay there againgo the extra milefree wifigarrymonicaroadnoisepasswordmotelunit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2013

On travelling down from Auckland after an overseas cruise, we felt we need to stop for an overnight rest - found this motel, very appealing from the road. We were greeted by Garry (a very friendly & jovial character) and requested a Studio Suite, but he upgraded us to a lovely 1 Bedroom Suite with a Spa. The suite was very clean and comfortable - unfortunately you cannot get away from the trains in Levin. I note that the previous guest to review this motel had stayed in 2 other motels in Levin also whereby he experienced train noise.All in all a very good stay and would not hesitate in returning should the need arise.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

After a lovely quiet night sleep across the road at Welcome Inn, I tried to cancel my booking when I realised how close this motel was next to the train line.I was not going to get my $125 back so relocated over the road for the night, and what a long one it was. I was given room 12 the first unit next to the road, so traffic and trains - which made the room shake, were a constant. Especially the road trains thundering through. I would NOT recommend this motel or any on that side of the road in Levin. Extremely overpriced and although well appointed and roomy not value for money.

Room Tip: Go to Welcome Inn opposite its up a long driveway and quitter
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MoretonLee
Reviewed October 6, 2013

. Needed good night sleep and after we paid for room ( $180) and with room literally next to railway line were advised that ONE train went thru during the night. When asked about what time motelier advised unsure as it varied. We had one at 2 am, 3.15am, 5.40am, plus others. Next morn when approached motelier advisedhe didn't know what trains went thru and some nights there were none. Not true. My enquiries indicate 2 freight trains EVERY night and the 5.40am on weekdays. We stayed Thurs 26 Sept. A very disappointing experience.

Room Tip: Stay on other side of road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Geoff P
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Location: Close to town center (10min walk). Located between main road and the railway line like most of other hotels in Levin.

Rooms: Very spacious rooms (above NZ average) with good sized TV, Kitchen with microwave but no hob. Soap instead of shower gel.

Motel: Seems to be recently renovated. Clean, tidy and welcoming. Friendly staff (only met Motel owner though) Cute and very friendly black and white cat let you pat it whenever you feel you have to.

Others: It adverts free WiFi internet. I got 100MB per day for free - thank you - it was appreciated.

Overall: Good value. I heared both - the road and the trains but not while I was sleeping.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here on 2 occasions recently. The rooms are big, comfortable, and warm (it's winter). The hosts are friendly and accommodating. The hotel is on the main road (as are most of the other motels), is very easy to find, and close to everything in Levin. I did hear the train one night but Levin is on the rail line - I expected it. The wifi is free, the spa bath is a generous size there were hot plates, microwave, fridge, etc and next time I am in Levin I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask the manager for the best room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family