“Disappointing”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Irvinestown
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I booked an overnight stay in Mahon's as friends have stayed there before and highly recommended it. We arrived and were given a room which reeked of smoke even though it is a non smoking hotel. When we went to reception to say we couldn't sleep there we were given a very small room in the old part of the hotel that was uncomfortably hot and when we asked for a fan we were eventually given a fan that did not work. Although the food was excellent and the restaurant staff very pleasant and helpful, overall it was a disappointing experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank B B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We loved our stay at Mahon's during May. Our room was spacious and clean with a nice big comfortable bed. The dining room was inviting and clean and the meals excellent. The bar was original with a friendly ambience. Being able to park our car in the car park was a real bonus one that is not always available elsewhere. Nothing, and I mean nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They were all friendly and it was a pleasure to be staying in such a great atmosphere. Thank you Mahon's, we hope to be back one day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Athy, Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Large spacious clean room with well equipped facilities, large flat screen tv, friendly and courteous staff that were extremely helpful, and excellent dinner and breakfast, well worth the stay, and will defo stay again,

Room Tip: room 109! and go for the steak!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a family-run hotel with a lovely atmosphere and friendly staff. Unlike some family hotels, which are lacking investment and good maintenance, this hotel was well maintained and reflected good recent investment. The bed was excellent, the room clean, spacious and quiet, the dining area attractive. I stayed for three nights.
I wouldn't look elsewhere if returning to northern Fermanagh.

Room Tip: Room 101, although facing the street, was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed on business for one night.I arrived around 8pm after a busy day and was met by a warm welcome from Joyce.Joyce was very friendly and arranged for my dinner to be served in my room which was great as I travel on my own I prefer to eat in my room.The food I would describe as non fussy country fare which I personally love , lovely food and ample portions.The breakfast was also the best I have had with quality ingredients and served with a smile.The room I had was large clean with the biggest bed I have seen in a hotel.if I return to the area again I will not hesitate to stay at this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed in Mahon's Hotel this week for a short stay,I must say from the moment I walked into the hotel I was made feel welcome.
This is a family run hotel and it shows with the atmosphere created.
My room was clean and tidy and great for my short stay.
I stayed for bed and breakfast and evening meal,the food was of a excellent standard and a good choice on the menu. ample portions
Breakfast was also excellent cereal and a full hot breakfast was great.
Overall i would recommend this hotel for a short break or a longer stay by single persons or a family break. Also the overall price of drinks is priced very reasonable not normal Hotel prices are charged.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank norman c
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

As a result of a previous stay at the hotel with a Classic Car Club when we asked our members to pick a spot for our annual weekend trip this year everyone suggested a return to Mahons as we had a memorable stay here two years ago.

I thought that if we returned to a hotel we had used previously we might be taking a bit of a change as it may not live up to our previous experience but these doubts were quickly dispelled.

From the minute we booked into the Hotel Joe and the staff as usual proved to be very helpful and only too pleased to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

On our last vist my wife and I missed out on Joe performing a few songs but this year we were determined to stay up and wait for his performance and although it was in the early hours of the morning Joe kept his promise and put on a very entertaining show.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the food both at breakfast and in the evening was excellent.

I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone who wants a friendly and efficient hotel and I know that we will be using it again in years to come.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rileyelf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvinestown
Westville Hotel
#1 of 1 in Fivemiletown
Donn Carragh
Donn Carragh
#1 of 1 in Lisnaskea

Been to Mahon's Hotel? Share your experiences!