“Easter Wedding Stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Moosomin
Edmonton, Canada
“Easter Wedding Stay”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We went down and stayed at the Canalta for an Easter Wedding......best hotel! The staff were amazing, friendly and sooooo helpful, asking us each night how we were doing and interested in our feedback. The rooms were spacious and clean, breakfast area was clean and great food and the pool was awesome for us and the kids! Its nice to see they check the water every day and night in the pool and hot tub! They even make popcorn every night at the same time and its so good! I would recommend this hotel to anyone, even if you need a break from driving on the highway!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cassie D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Manitoba
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Canalta Hotel in Moosomin, SK in early April. Walked in the door in the evening and was greeted by friendly staff, my reservation in place and fresh popcorn. The property is fantastic and featured a massive room with excellent wireless connectivity. Everything was 100% perfect and I will certainly plan to return when my travels take me in that direction again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank FreakinCold5
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on and off for the last year. What makes this hotel special is the staff. Each one has made the stay very enjoyable and more of a family feel and really a home a way from home. I definitely recommend the hotel not only for the staff but also for the amenities.

• Stayed March 2014
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I am not sure I can add to all the excellent reviews other than to say I was very impressed with all aspects of my stay.
Staff were great, the rooms are modern, clean, quiet and relaxing and the conference facilities were adequate for our needs. The complimentary breakfast was OK (about the same as most).
I didn't use the pool or work out facilities but they looked clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed here during work. Loved the 5am start for breakfast, which is a hot meal included in your stay. Very clean, friendly and comfortable. Rooms are very well kept, pool and hot tub are amazing. Just a very good all around hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thunder Bay
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel regularly for the last year and a half as I travel through town monthly. It is clean, friendly and staff are always going out of their way to help. I am especially thankful to Jen V. I look forward to seeing her friendly and welcoming smile with every check in. She has always been accommodating to any request and quick to rectify any issues, (which have been very few) immediately. Watching her on my last visit was probably the best as she went out of her way to be sure not only the adults but the young children felt important and welcome. Thank you Jen and all the staff

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ladysmith
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is the second Canalta that my sister and I have stayed in on one of our road trips, FYI, the other was Humboldt, Sask. This is a super hotel chain that pays attention to little details. Beds are tremendous, 4 pillows of verying degrees of firmness for your comfort. Great front end staff, very personable and helpfull. They even bake you fresh cookies and popcorn. The room we had was very clean and well appointed and included all amenities. Good wifi connection for all the techie toys. It may be a little high priced for the local, but on par with hotels of the same calibre and to our way of thinking worth the price. Would certainly look for and stay at this chain. The complimentary breakfast was superior to a lot of hotels and had both hot and cold selections, no need to go away hungry. The only suggestion we could make is to take in bottled water.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends