“Great hotel, family feel”
Review of Canalta Hotel

Canalta Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Moosomin
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great hotel, family feel”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on and off for the last year. What makes this hotel special is the staff. Each one has made the stay very enjoyable and more of a family feel and really a home a way from home. I definitely recommend the hotel not only for the staff but also for the amenities.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I am not sure I can add to all the excellent reviews other than to say I was very impressed with all aspects of my stay.
Staff were great, the rooms are modern, clean, quiet and relaxing and the conference facilities were adequate for our needs. The complimentary breakfast was OK (about the same as most).
I didn't use the pool or work out facilities but they looked clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed here during work. Loved the 5am start for breakfast, which is a hot meal included in your stay. Very clean, friendly and comfortable. Rooms are very well kept, pool and hot tub are amazing. Just a very good all around hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thunder Bay
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel regularly for the last year and a half as I travel through town monthly. It is clean, friendly and staff are always going out of their way to help. I am especially thankful to Jen V. I look forward to seeing her friendly and welcoming smile with every check in. She has always been accommodating to any request and quick to rectify any issues, (which have been very few) immediately. Watching her on my last visit was probably the best as she went out of her way to be sure not only the adults but the young children felt important and welcome. Thank you Jen and all the staff

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ladysmith
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is the second Canalta that my sister and I have stayed in on one of our road trips, FYI, the other was Humboldt, Sask. This is a super hotel chain that pays attention to little details. Beds are tremendous, 4 pillows of verying degrees of firmness for your comfort. Great front end staff, very personable and helpfull. They even bake you fresh cookies and popcorn. The room we had was very clean and well appointed and included all amenities. Good wifi connection for all the techie toys. It may be a little high priced for the local, but on par with hotels of the same calibre and to our way of thinking worth the price. Would certainly look for and stay at this chain. The complimentary breakfast was superior to a lot of hotels and had both hot and cold selections, no need to go away hungry. The only suggestion we could make is to take in bottled water.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2013

An incredibly enjoyable experience all round!!! My son and I had driven to BC through the US and returned back to Ontario through Canada. The Canalta Hotel was the nicest accommodation in the entire trip (this included stays at Best Westerns, and the Sheraton line of hotels which we were very happy with). The hotel was clean, modern and comfortable and the staff was very friendly. We were there for one night.

Of particular note was Jen who was in charge of the front desk and took care of the breakfast area the morning we left. She went out of her way to make everyone having breakfast feel welcomed with kind and sincere conversation. She was WONDERFUL!!!!

I would recommend this hotel without hesitation!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vanessa T
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Relatively brand new hotel that is still in fantastic shape. Enormous rooms that are very well kept and have all of the amenities. Everything is pretty well brand new and in great condition. After a long day of travel and work I immediately fell asleep on the very comfortable bed. The hotel also offers a very nice looking pool/hot tub/water slide comb that I did take advantage of. This is the hotel you want to book if you are in this area. The price is a bit steep at $158.00, but if you feel the ability to splurge, go for it!

Room Tip: Higher floors away from the pool area are likely better for quietness.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GMCanaltaMoosomin, General Manager at Canalta Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hello,
First off I would like to say thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us. We understand how busy people can be and we really appreciate the feedback. Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated! We were so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially our Canalta Dream Beds and swimming pool! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Moosomin!
Kea Diamond