Canalta Hotel
$85
$62
$108
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat hotelwaffleshot tubtop notchsmall townfront desk staffrooms are largefree breakfasthot itemsjuicered barnhockey tournamentin decemberfamily weddingplace to staynice treattake care
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had the opportunity of booking 3 rooms for a family funeral on May 18th, 2013. We have to say, the STAFF were absolutely awesome and bend over backwards to help with anything you ask of them. The rooms are large and clean. Really great to have a hotel with more than 2 chairs in the room, also a fridge and microwave,as well as a desk. Also let us in to one room to freshen up before regular check-in time. POOL is the right depth for swimmers or non swimmers to enjoy, as well as a great water slide and jacuzzi. BREAKFAST had all you could ask for included in the cost of the room. I can't say enough about the staff so I will leave it with what I said before--Absolutely awesome!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
GMCanaltaMoosomin, General Manager at Canalta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Hello,
Wow!! Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel. Reviews like this let us know we are on the right track. We love going above and beyond for all of our guests. If we can make a difficult time for you even a little easier we know we have done our job right! Thank you very much for your business and we hope to see you on a future stay!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Every year we visit this part of Saskatckewan for a family member's birthday, and this year it was a 100th birthday! It has always been difficuilt to find clean, comfortable accommodation in this area, but no more. Clean, comfortable, large rooms. Great helpful staff. A pool and jacuzzi that were spotless, and very welcome after a drive from Calgary that day. We tried to stay at this hotel last year, but unfortunately they were full, and had to stay at the hotel next door, which was just opening. There is really no comparison. If you are looking for a room anywhere in this part of Sask., this is the only place. One strange anomoly....despite the room being obviously cleaned the second day, as was the bathroom, our bed was not made up. Not a complaint, but strange. Hot breakfast was also more than expected, and more than adequet. Will definitely stay there again.

Hello,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. At the Canalta Hotel in Moosomin we strive to be the leaders in our respective industry and I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay! Regarding the bed. . . There could have been a few reason and obviously without confirming with you I am not able to give you a 100% answer but my guess would be that there may have been peronal property left on the bed. Possibly pyjamas, a laptop, etc. . . It is hotel policy to not disturb any personal property left in the room, and unfortunately sometimes things like this happen. The good news is that when your concerns are brought to my attention like this, it give me the opportunity to revisit hotel policies and think of ways we can improve them. Once again, Thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you next year for the 101st birthday party!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Brand new hotel, very friendly staff and the best pillows anywhere!
We always appreciate good room amenities and these guys had that dialed with a fridge and a microwave.

It also includes breakfast.

Will definitely be staying here again as the quality was great and the location even better. I have done the trip from Vancouver to Winnipeg numerous times and the addition of a great hotel in Moosomin is fantastic.

Room Tip: great parking in behind if you are pulling a trailer of any kind. There small convenience store was also great for grabbing a late night snack.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hello,
"Never thought I would stay in Moosomin" - I love hearing comments like that and I am very proud to be a part of the Canalta family. Not only does Canalta build beautiful hotels in small communites but they also spend a lot of time giving back to those communities! Check out our Canalta Cares board on Pinterest for more information!

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Any feedback that we receive is greatly appreciated. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay (especially the pillows!) and we look forward to seeing you on your next trek across Western Canada!!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Great service. Ask for Jen and she will take care of your stay like you 're at a 5 star hotel.
Been all over world and for this kind of lodging, you cannot beat it.
Great pool with slide.
Rooms large. Spotless.
Only thing I wish was better was quality of breakfast but service was so good I have to ignore that fact in giving a grade.

1  Thank joelhoops

Hello,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and your input inspires us to do just that! I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in offering legendary customer service and spotless rooms. We are truly happy you were pleased with both! Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Never stayed in Moosomin before. Been by on highway#1 hundreds of times. Well me and the family discovered it last month. A new chain of hotels strategically placed in areas tht have high #'s of workers staying in hotels. We just did a trade showin Regina and it was too far to Brandon or Winnipeg. Great sized rooms ! a new hotel and one of the best breakfest's I have had as a continental offering. Real people and we will definately stay there again !!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hello,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time here! I am happy to hear you enjoyed the size of the rooms and especially the breakfast! We greatly appreciate any feedback that we get and reviews like yours let us know we are on the right track! Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!