“Can't wait to go again :)”

Howlers Bar & Grill
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in El Castillo
Cuisines: American, Fast Food, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for a few drinks as we were staying up the road. It was recommended by "Mikey" one of the locals. We split a burger and fries. The food was awesome, aosphere was great. They even had their dog hanging out :) We had such a great time we came back the next night for dinner with my son and Mom. We can't wait to visit Costa Rica again and we will for sure stop at Howlers again!!!!!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This little gem is minutes away from the El Castillo village and we delight you with its amazing burgers and fries! A must do when visiting the Arenal volcano park!

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We were staying in El Castillo and were told that La Fortuna was a ways away, so our best bet was Howlers Bar and Grill. We were tired from travelling all day so we figured, why not? We ordered the cheese burgers and fries. The fries were delicious but the burger was under done and my wife's tasted real weird. The view is fabulous and the staff are really friendly. For me, I'm not a fan of seeing dogs roaming were my food gets prepared neither. It's worth the drive to La Fortuna in my eyes. But, if you'd like some drinks and snack on some fries with a great view, then this is the place!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Their menu is about five things - a cheeseburger, hamburger, fries, cheese melt, or chicken sandwich. They had beer, which was always refreshing...but this place is nothing special. The people here are really nice, even their dog hangs out in the bar. We ended up going here the second time because it was late and nothing else in the small town was open, so it's not much of a variety if you're visiting it for the second time. The food is good though for bar food!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place reflects the beauty and spirit embodied by the owners and staff. Fun, friendly, and fully blessed. Amazing woodworking and positive vibes. Give thanks. Pura Vida!