Hotel Portofino
$100
  • Breakfast included
Posada Guaicora(Playa el Agua)(Great Value!)
$35
Hesperia Playa El Agua(Playa el Agua)
$80
$77
  • Breakfast included
Posada Las Ross(Playa el Agua)(Great Value!)
$32
  • Pool
Posada Sotavento Beach(Playa el Agua)(Great Value!)
$26
Le Flamboyant(Playa el Agua)
$80
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
LD Palm Beach(Playa el Agua)
$99
bedfinder
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Coral Caribe(Playa el Agua)(Great Value!)
$43
  • Pool
Hotel Golden Paradise(Playa el Agua)
$49
$155
Hotels.com
1,218 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We traveled here during Christmas 2004.
The grounds of the hotel were nice. Margarita Island was beautiful, weather was great. There were a lot of cats roaming in and out of the restaurants. However, the only real memory I have of this hotel our room and the infirmary where I spent much time.
It started with my girlfriend becoming violently ill for 2.5 days - and unable to leave the room. Once she was able to get out, we went for a 5 km walk on the beach at which point we needed a taxi to get back as I had succumb to the mystery illness. I was down for 2 days and getting so dehydrated from the symptoms that we went to the hotel infirmary. Interestingly there was a long line. When I finally got to see the doctor, I passed out and had to be put on an IV to rehydrate me. Once home, It took us nearly 2 months to get over our symptoms and to be able to eat regularly. Please do yourself a favor and do NOT stay at this hotel. We were not sure if it was a water born or food based illness - but is it worth finding out for yourself?

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Eric D
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We ended up going to Porto Fino because at the time laguna mar was booked up. The experience was pleasant and enjoyable. The food was plentiful, the drinks also. the grounds lovely to explore and the nightly entertainment also was good. The beach on the hotel was a bit rough, but the hotel is worth checking out. Clean rooms, friendly staff etc.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are noisier.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jetsetter97
Reviewed September 6, 2011

our trip suppose to be a family trip my husband and I got 1 room on the 5th floor my family got 2 rooms on the opposit side of the hotel alot of walking to meet up with them, water and eletricity went everyday the toilet smells, we got ocean view which was nice the rooms were clean the out side of the hotel was very clean the food was the worst ever!!!! the first night we had dinner the chicken was white!!!!!! the food had no taste the snack bar had the same thing everyday and night the drinks were disspointing and it was to far to get to the shopping area but never the less we had fun will be goin back but not at that hotel !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank usha j
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Our flight was late so we missed dinner but we were directed to the snack bar even before we checked in. we went to the iguana where we had something to eat and some pina colada.
The room was not extravagant but had all that we needed. The ac and tv worked great, we had hot water and a phone. The bed had a concrete base and so did some of the other furniture but i guess because there are pools and the sea in this resort its the best thing.
There were two large dining rooms where we had all our meals. the staff there were very helpfull and polite. There was a great variety of things to eat so we always found things we liked.
This hotel is very from the airport and also from the shopping, but the people working with our travel agents had shopping trips.
This hotel was almost filled with venezuelans,there were just a few Trinis.
We had little problem with the language, we were always able to make them understand. I commend the staff they were helpfull.
The one problem we had was the power cuts, in the 5dys we spent it went 4tiimes. the generator would kick in but only the lights would come on. The outage wasnt for long but the first time it was night and we panicked. we got used to it but i would suggest you pack a flashlight.I found out that this problem originated in venezuela and all the hotels in margarita is affected.
My opinion is that for the money we paid, we had a great holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the building with Max Bar there is a great view and its not so tall, you can walk upthe stairs easily and you are near th
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank trini147389
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Our stay was from July 31st - August 4th and it was great. This hotel has activities for all ages. Would surely return anytime.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family