“Our first time in Margarita”
Review of Casa Trudel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa el Agua
Casa Trudel
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Hello People.
Our first time in Margarita was so great and we had a funny holiday there.
I found Casa trudel by net and Dan was friendly immediately during our mails.
I got more informations from the web site and they were good for travellers.
We found Casa Trudel after some little problems, because there isn't any indication to the main street. I think that a little narrow to the across could help the guests to find it easily.
So.. we arrived there and Dan introduced us immediately the structure, the rooms, the services, the timetable and some advices and other informations are available inside the rooms.
When we opened the room we found a nice lovely towel on the bed and in the bathroom.
We met often during our holiday and he was always friendly and ready to help.
The bedroom was good but sincerely little noisy from the powers of the air conditioned outside and the fridge inside (that I could switch off every night fortunately).
The posada is nice, safe and close one of the best beach in Margarita, and in 5 minutes you can arrive to the beach but the island is big and you need a car to visit other places.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Eppiosan

Reviewed November 9, 2008

Everything about the place is great. Nice clean spacious, beautyful rooms. Good variated breakfast everyday. Nice owners and staff. You get more than youre moneys worth in this little carrebian gem.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2008

Worst place I' ve ever been. The host is rude, arrogant, unconcerned, cold, mean and dishonest (all restaurant and shops in playa el Egua would exchange you $100 for 300 BF, while this unfriendly chap will give you 260 BF). He would not help you in anything, denied the existence of rent a moped place, saying that there none anymore, although there is one by the beach (the guy has been living there for 20 years!) My room on the first floor was disturbed by the loud sound of an air condition engine at the back, without earplugs I would not have been able to sleep a single night. there was no hot water from the bathroom taps but only from the "shower". Breakfast was to say the least miserable and poor!. Ants all over the place too. The latter barely had dripping water. On the floor of my room I often found dead bugs and sugar ants. The Posada is the middle of nowhere with no street lights! And it takes you at least 15 minutes on foot to reach the nearest side of the beach and not 5 minutes as the guy claims!

Last but not least, he still charged me $15 for the use of internet.
I'd suggest everyone to avoid that place and go to any other posada close to the beach for real and ran by locals not by an arrogant expatriate.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
3  Thank mamo73
PlayaElAgua, owner at Casa Trudel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2008

My wife & I were absolutely surprised when we read Mamo73's review of our B&B.

We re-opened in August of 2007 after extensive renovations & this is the very first complaint we have received since we opened. Just the opposite in fact - people rave about how much better it is than the website indicates.

This single Italian gentleman spent 10 nights with us. In our original correspondence & on our website he was advised that we do not accept visitors to our property for security reason and yet this was one of his first questions when he arrived. We have a feeling that this was what "upset" him.

He mentions motos when in fact prior to the August vacation there was nobody renting them on the beach, We don't understand the problem as he didn't rent one during his 10 days.

He mentions exchange. We offer a service for those that want however he had the freedom to change wherever he wanted.

He mentions a noisy A/C. This may have been from the neighbour as ours are all brand new Carrier split units and a whisper quiet. Again he says he had ear plugs so we don't understand his complaint.. No other guest has ever mentioned this problem & with the window closed & his own A/C turned on you would have to be super sensitive to hear the neighbour's machine.

He mentions our complimentary breakfast. We try & vary these as much as possible. They include on various days - cereal with milk, ham, cheese salami, omelets, pancakes, fresh bakery buns, various fruit, orange juice, coffee & tea. Remember it''s free. There are various restaurants in the area that serve breakfast if it didn't suit him. It certainly suits all our other guests.

Last but not least he also mentions the Internet usage charge which is $1 per hour. This is clearly posted on our website & on a large sign taped to the front of the computer. We again do not understand his complaint.

Not once during his 10 day stay did he mention any complaint to us or our manager Karina who is present every morning to solve any problems that may exist.

Dan & Kira O'Brien

Reviewed May 30, 2008

During my stay at Casa Trudel, I received courteous service and advice about various activities around the island. Dan was kind enough to pre arrange a hired taxi service for 2 days so that I could explore the various parts of Isla Margarita. Dan will give you excellent advise on any planned excursions and activities that you may wish to do at the most effective and cheapest rates possible. I would highly recommend a stay at Casa Trudel for any visit to Isla Margarita. As of May 2008, it cost 60000 - 70000 Bf ($25) to hire a taxi from the Porlamar Airport to casa Trudel. Dan can make arrangements for an airport pick up and return. I would recommend contacting Dan prior to arrival in Isla Margarita about making future arrangements for excursions and activities so that he can make the best possible arrangements.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank worldpl8s
Reviewed March 30, 2008

If you want to stay in a relaxing B&B this is the place. Location location location. Great pool to relax by as well as a friendly staff makes for a wonderful holiday. The rooms were cleaned everyday and were impressive. The owner, Dan, was very professional both on line and when we arrived after we made our reservation on line. He was very knowledgeable about everyday life on Margarita Island and was happy to share this with us.

• Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank whatacrybaby
Reviewed March 16, 2008

If you want some luxury for the right price then this is the place to stay! My friend and I have been travelling for 14 months and this is the best place we have stayed in our whole trip. The staff are extremely friendly, the pool is wonderful, and the rooms are clean and spacious! It is also a quiet place to relax and a short walk to the beaches. Highly recommend it. Tip: stay in the newer rooms by the pool!
Amanda & Debbie
London, UK

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank Akerrison
Reviewed May 18, 2007

I e-mailed Dan Trudel from the US and his reply was very polite and professional. However, once I called him from Caracas, he was extremely rude. He said that I had to make a reservation online at least three days in advance with all my credit card information. Otherwise I shouldn't even call to bother him. Anyway, the island is fantastic. Just don't even bother calling this man.

Stayed: May 2007
5  Thank tj923
PlayaElAgua, Owner at Casa Trudel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2010

We felt it necessary to respond to this review.
From March 2007 until August 20, 2007 we were completely shut down for our renovations & the construction of our 6 new rooms & our pool.
We have absolutely no recollection of this person calling & we can only assume that they did not understand that we were closed.
This person did not stay with us.