We arrived at Playa El Agua Feb 27 - March 5th. We stayed in the Club Eden VIP section of this hotel. Although I would recommend the VIP section, the main hotel would've been fine too. The Hotel is clean and we though well kept. The grounds are quite beautiful and manicured. Everyone was pleasant-ish and did they're best to accommodate our requests.
Javier of the Vip section, did an absolutely amazing job at orientating guests to the hotel and was dedicated to ensuring we had a very good vacation. There are 8 or so pools at this hotel and the large pool in the Eden section was beautiful and very clean. Lots of sun exposure and shaded areas to keep everyone happy.
The beach area is very lively and clean. Lots of things to see, do, and buy. The people selling their good on the beach we're not aggressive and if you say "no gracias" they went on their way.
There is a guy in a pink shirt that works for the hotel on the beach who was very attentive to guests. If you throw them a few boliavars after your visit, on your return, you will never wait for a beach chair or a nice shaded spot. They will bring you drinks and keep you well fed.
It's true that most Venezuelans don't speak English well or at all, but I never found that to be a problem.
The airports in Venezuela are not passenger friendly. They are difficult to navigate and can be a little scary for unseasoned travelers. We did get jacked at CCS by an unsavory character for the equivalent of 4 US dollars. They just don't prey upon tourist but Venezuelans too.
My only criticism of this hotel is that the services available are not coordinated overly well. We didn't have a controller for the tv for days because we didn't know we had to get one from the desk downstairs. We didn't know that breakfast was available in the Eden section until the last day. This hotel could really use a tour operator like Air Canada Vacations, Transat, or Shitwing to organise all the services available to guest so that guest don't have to search or miss out on services. These are only minor issues. That won't happen tho until the political situation stabilizes.
It was a great vacation. I loved this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The magnificent four-star, all-inclusive Hesperia Playa El Agua resort is situated on the most breathtaking of all beaches on Venezuela's beautiful Isla Margarita. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hesperia Playa El Agua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Playa El Agua Hotel Playa El Agua
- Hesperia Hotel Playa El Agua
- Playa El Agua Hesperia
- Hesperia Playa El Agua Margarita Island, Venezuela