“Just like home”
other travelers have booked this property
Playa El Agua Beach Margarita Tropical Villa street view
Villa Pink Room
Pool room bathroom
Library
Playa El Agua beach, Margarita Island, Venezuela
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Evansville, Indiana
“Just like home”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 for a stay in November 2012
person found this review helpful

This a very quaint and relaxing location. It is not on the beach but just a few minute walk past all the local people and shops that gives you the comfort of home. The owners go out of there way to make their guest feel appreciated.

Date of stay: November 2012
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and owners
Liked least: When I had to leave,
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sep 2, 2013
Hi Jeff,
Many thanks for the nice review.
Hopefully we'll see you back again one day.
Saludos...Dan & Kira
Penticton
Reviewed February 2, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Date of stay: January 2013
Feb 2, 2013
Hi Peter,
Thank you very much for your review.
We really enjoyed your stay with us for 2 weeks.
Glad you had a good time.
Hurry back.
London
Reviewed December 3, 2012 for a stay in November 2012

Date of stay: November 2012
Rugged travelers
Dec 3, 2012
Hi Marianne & Paul,
Many thanks for a great review.
We really enjoyed having you stay with us.
Hurry back.
Duns Scotland
Reviewed August 16, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Date of stay: July 2012
Aug 16, 2012
Many thanks Marianne for staying with us with your son & friend.
Hopefully you'll be able to make it back to Margarita Island one day.
Regards...Dan & Kira
BR2100
Europe
“My little oasis! Felt relaxed, welcome, safe, and like it was a home away from home”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

Excellent place to stay! If I ever return to Isla Margarita, I will go straight back to this great posada! Great facilities, helpful & welcoming owners and great location.

Facilities:
We stayed in one of the poolside rooms, which was a nice treat after a hard 4 weeks in tents / not-so-nice hotels.

The pool area was great for relaxing, enjoying the sun, taking a dip to cool off, and reading a book (or borrowing a board game to play at the tables next to our room). The rooms were very clean, well-equipped with AC, mini fridge, Direct TV, etc. I had the best night's sleep of all 5 weeks of my trip here. It was great to have access to some cooking facilities and a place to store cold bottles of soda & water.

Location:
About a leisurely 10 minute walk to the beautiful palm tree-lined beach. There is no sidewalk and one does have to be mindful of traffic, but that is a reflection of the lack of infrastructure in the area, not the posada. There is a little shop around the corner to get sodas, fresh fruit, etc. so you can cook at the posada, but there are also several restaurants at the beach.

Safety:
Since we are talking about Venezuela, I should mention that this was definitely one place I felt safe & relaxed both inside the property & out. There is a gate & electric fence around the property--as there are in many other locations around the country--and it was nice to finally not worry about my belongings. I felt safe walking to & from the restaurants, shops & beach in this area.

Breakfast included: most hotels / posadas in Venezuela do NOT include breakfast in their prices. This is the only place in the whole country that did & it was a very nice addition. There was always hot tea & coffee, a fresh, local fruit, some cereal to choose from & a dish that changed daily (sandwich, pancakes, arepa, etc.) Definitely a nice touch.

Owners: Dan & Kira were very friendly and helpful in terms of suggesting places to eat, directing us to the closest supermarket, arranging taxis, etc. They definitely made us feel welcome and at home & I definitely recommend Margarita Tropical Villa to anyone going to this area of the island.

Overall: excellent location, safe, clean, relaxing, great value, friendly owners & staff. Definitely recommend!

Date of stay: August 2012
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Facilities: room, pool, kitchen areas were great
Liked least: That I had to leave
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Aug 11, 2012
Hi Beth & Rico,
Many thanks for this great review. We do our best to make everyone as comfortable & safe as possible.
We hope you'll return one day. Send all your friends. :-)
Saludos...Dan & Kira
IL
Reviewed May 7, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Date of stay: April 2012
A romantic getaway
May 7, 2012
Hi Ben & Carrie,
Thank you for the very nice comments about our B&B. We enjoyed having you stay with us & hope you will return one day.
Stockholm
Reviewed April 21, 2012 for a stay in February 2012
person found this review helpful

Date of stay: February 2012
Rugged travelers
Apr 21, 2012
Hi Sylvia & Mike,
Thanks for the great review.
Hopefully you'll be back soon.

All the best...Dan & Kira
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing