Cabinas Las Olas(Playa Avellanas)
$97
$83
$264
  • Pool
Vida Verde(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
$60
$53
Las Avellanas Villas(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
$58
Hotel Surf Camp Mediterraneo(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
$55
$52
ChanteMar(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
$68
Cafe Playa Negra(Playa Negra)(Great Value!)
$80
Playa Negra Surf Lodge(Playa Negra)(Great Value!)
$65
$56
Agoda.com
Hotel Playa Negra(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$32
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $36/night.

All reviewsyoga retreatvisited elcosta ricaamazing chefhowler monkeysmorning and eveningnice amenitieshome away from homeother guestsbring earplugszip liningcome homedry seasonbeach towelshorseback ridinggrounds are beautifulnice pool
Reviewed August 9, 2010

My husband and I had the pleasure of spending 3 glorious weeks in Costa Rica. The last weekend of our trip was spent at el-Sabanero eco lodge.
If you've ever travelled to Costa Rica you will find that the people there are some of the kindest souls on the planet and the staff at El Sabanero are no exception! Danny and his staff were simply wonderful and bent over backwards to make our last nites in CR an enjoyable experience. We lounged by the infinity pool (which is absolutely breathtaking), relaxed in the bar area during the late afternoons and had some of the most incredible meals we've ever eaten. (Danny is an amazing chef)!! To be honest, I was a little bit nervous about sleeping in one of the chalets as I'm not known to be an "eco lodge" kinda gal. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.... we had a truly wonderful stay!! The accommodations, the food, the atmosphere, the scenery and the genuine friendliness of the staff made it all worthwhile!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2010

This was our third trip to El Sabanero, and while it seems impossible to improve upon perfection, Harold and Susi achieved the impossible. The rooms were upgraded with new waiscoting and furniture, an in-room refrigerator and a safe for passports and valuables. On this trip, my wife and I brought a friend along since she heard so much about Costa Rica and El Sabanero. From our arrival until sad departure, we could not have asked for more from our hosts, employees and fellow visitors. They assisted us with day trips, tours and dinner arrangements. Most evenings were spent in the common area, enjoying the Trade Winds, a game or two, a dip in the pool and pleasant conversations.

Everytime we go to El Sabanero, we return refreshed and rejuvinated, ready to take on the world. Thanks again to Harold, Susi and their entire staff.

For those interested, a travelogue of our visit can be viewed at http://costaricaed.wordpress.com .

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I stayed at the El Sabanero in January this year with my friend for 10 days.

It was a wonderful experience on all levels. Being picked up at San Jose airport and chauffeured to the Lodge was already an excellent beginning of my vacation. Arriving late at night, I did at first not even think how beautiful the landscape was until the next morning. Woken up by monkey howls, I saw for the first time the amazing landscape. I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at the Rancho, with a breathtaking view to the mountains.

Relaxing at the infinity pool is absolutely no problem and the meals cooked by Susi are absolutely amazing. We enjoyed many wonderful hours at the nearby beaches (like Avellanas, Playa Negra).

Wrapping up my review – I can only recommend this wonderful Lodge for anybody who is looking for a gem!! I most definitely will go back on my next trip to Costa Rica.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I had the best treatment At this lodge that I ever gotten anywhere. The rooms are Super clean and the staff are very friendly, It's close to everything and so much to do around.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I recently spent 5 weeeks in Costa Rica and El Sabanero was my home base during that time. I had one long stay and returned 3 more times before leaving. Susi and Harold are the nicest hosts, and the lodge is the perfect setting to meet new people, explore the area, or just kick back and recharge.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends